Holy 'Busa

Pit Bull

Registered
I got a call from a friend I go to church with on Saturday asking if I wanted to ride my bike to church and park it in a display inside as part of a Fathers Day tribute - kinda' like a chance to show off our toys.
Of course I jumped at the chance to show off the bike and brought it in with 5 other bikes - there was a couple of classic cars and other items displayed... really cool.
I pushed the bike in to the sanctuary because with the Muzzy on it , it's kinda' loud & figured it would be a little disrespectful. But after the service the Pastor, who happens to be a retired Michigan State Police Chaplain, as well as a big motorsports fan, came over and wanted to take a closer look of the bike said "when you gonna' ride it out, I want to hear it? I told him it was kinda' loud & would feel a bit disrespectful running the bike in the sanctuary, to which he said NAH, its ok, fire it up.
Most of the people had left the sanctuary but there were about 20 or so left and you should have seen their response to hearing the 'Busa fire up and ride out - it was very cool.
Anyway, I took some pics of it inside of the Church - some of the first since getting it completely back together - and I'll post them tonite after work and trip to the gym to work off some of my excess lard - about 7-7:30pm.

Pit Bull

awesome but all I have to say is:

e-needpics.gif

hee hee I know you said you'd post, but I'm impatient
laugh.gif

sOMEtimes I take my bike to a Corktown church in southwest Detroit. I'm even thinking about having the Father bless my bike. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated for church on a Sunday morning but the Busa makes it easier plus the expressways are not too filled w/ cagers on Sunday mornings. Good clean fun!

I'm thinking about sponsoring a bike blessing at my church at the beginning of bike season next year
biggrin.gif

when i was in montreal canada
each year there was a bike gathering at an Oratory
And thousands of bikes were blessed before the beginning of the season. Each rider would also bring a stuffed animal to give to charity. The event is called the TOY RUN

Actually, many many churches and Christian organizations have bike blessings. Kind of cool. There are also hundreds of Christian biker clubs all over the U.S.. Great way to meet new people and do some more riding....although they are usually the Harley types or Gold Wing types and my busa has a hard time doing the speed limit with these kind folks. We did a ride to the AMA superbike races in Wisconsin....and they never went more than 60 mph.

My seabiscuit IDLES at 90 mph so she was suffering from lack of speed. Imagine a hayabusa on sleeping pills...

I got a call from a friend I go to church with on Saturday asking if I wanted to ride my bike to church and park it in a display inside as part of a Fathers Day tribute - kinda' like a chance to show off our toys.
Of course I jumped at the chance to show off the bike and brought it in with 5 other bikes - there was a couple of classic cars and other items displayed... really cool.
I pushed the bike in to the sanctuary because with the Muzzy on it , it's kinda' loud & figured it would be a little disrespectful. But after the service the Pastor, who happens to be a retired Michigan State Police Chaplain, as well as a big motorsports fan, came over and wanted to take a closer look of the bike said "when you gonna' ride it out, I want to hear it? I told him it was kinda' loud & would feel a bit disrespectful running the bike in the sanctuary, to which he said NAH, its ok, fire it up.
Most of the people had left the  sanctuary but there were about 20 or so left and you should have seen their response to hearing the 'Busa fire up and ride out - it was very cool.
Anyway, I took some pics of it inside of the Church - some of the first since getting it completely back together - and I'll post them tonite after work and trip to the gym to work off some of my excess lard - about 7-7:30pm.

Pit Bull
I think that it is really awesome that you have a church that would do something like that! There are so many "finicky" people out there that churches sometimes take the conservative route to avoid making people mad.

I cannot wait to get my bike! I am dying hearing all these wonderful stories!

Jeffrey

P.S.

We need to see some pics!

Having a little trouble with the computer tonite - SPYWARE! - after I post these pics I'm gonna run my GHOSTSURF & try to get rid of 'em.
First one is where the bike was parked.

Pit Bull

<!--EDIT|Pit Bull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087867437 -->

Trying to post pics - computer is acting funky tonite.

Pit Bull

Attachments

• hayabusa_pics_042.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 84
Trying to post pics - computer is acting funky tonite.

Pit Bull

Attachments

• hayabusa_pics_043.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 79
Some weird crap goin on with the 'puter. That last post/pic was one I just tried for the heck of it - it's an old pic from last year.
I did a scan with Ghostsurf & found no spyware - according to it anyway - and then ran Nortons and found out that I had a Trojan Downloader virus - and got it fixed.
I had loaded the new pics before the virus scan - possibly caused a problem with it. Deleted the pics and then reloaded them - I'll try it & see if it works.
I don't normaly have this much trouble posting pics.

Pit Bull

hayabusa_pics_042.jpg

Where are the church pics, Pit? I was hoping you were starting a new religion. Maybe the Hayabusa Holy Rollers?

Back