What Bikes Did You Have Before Making The Jump To The Busa

Hi there mid catab
was down for Burt and last brass this year, but after 120 days and counting - no escaping, no track days, no racing so …… why not build a turbo busa !!!!

D332199C-56CD-4196-8E5E-D13C0FF6B5AE.jpeg

just powersports.
honda: 82 atc 250r, 84 atc 200x, 85 atc 250r, 87 trx250r, 96 cbr f3, 01 Cr80
suzuki: 88 LT500r, 01 1200 bandit, 06 Ltr450, 11& 22 Busa
triump: 06 daytona
yamaha: 85 Ytz250, 99 yz250, 05 R6, 07 R1

Ouuuuwwhhh......now i have to dig deep in my brain, lets see....

Yamaha SR 125 (my first Love)
Yamaha FZR600 Fazer
Yamaha YZF-R6 (the first R6 Modell)
Yamaha YZF-1000 Thunderace (what a Beast)
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja (Modell 2001)
Kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja (Modell 2003)
Kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja (The frist ZX-10R from 2004.....what a agressive Motor, what a Bike...for Experts only)
Honda CBR1000RR SC57 Repsol
Honda CBR1000RR SC59
Suzuki RF600 (the Grandma from 1997)
Suzuki SV650X (and oooonly the X :D )
Suzuki GSX-S750 (i´ve never sold a Motorcycle faster in my Life)
and now...

Suzuki GSX13000R Hayabusa......the last Bike in my life! ;)

Those little bikes were pretty scary even for an adult to ride, they'd roll you up and spit you off faster than you could blink...
Exactly
And some of us(me)don't have the good sense to stay off of them.
A great example of too much power for suspension that can't support a rider twice the size it was designed for...but too much fun to ride and wreck not too:D

Exactly
And some of us(me)don't have the good sense to stay off of them.
A great example of too much power for suspension that can't support a rider twice the size it was designed for...but too much fun to ride and wreck not too:D
I love those bikes. One day last year for a few hours Me and this guy swapped my Ktm300 for his cr80. Just never let off the throttle just up and down shifted and still able to smoke everyone on the trials.

Another little bike that scared me first time I rode was a ktm 50cc 2 stroke. A guy brought it over thought I might want to buy for my kids. At first sight I was going to buy it. So i rode it this thing hit power band and almost flipped me first 3 gears. Came back and said nope to fast.

loved mine till I melted it
Bought mine for $200 with 1500kms on it...

I sent the engine to Rocket in Toronto to be blueprinted, heads shaved, ported and polished with Wiseco pistons. It had DG pipes, Boydeson reeds, Progressive springs. Gold Tech valves up front with Progressive rear shocks....I put on a set of Clubman bars and rearsets....my older brother just shook his head when he took it for a ride...

When I started racing superbike on a factory GSXR750, I rode the RD on the track a few times and was pretty happy with the lap times I was putting down with it (I can't remember what they were now though).

The last bike I rode daily was my 2000 1200 Bandit....a very unassuming bike that drew zero attention, it did everything well but was a bland bike-almost Honda like...

I did a bunch of work to it and it was pretty quick in it's own right and power wheelied like a 2 stroke dirt bike but I was never in love with it.

I had it and my 86 Katana which was in perma-storage at the time and I gave that bike to my older son and offered him my Bandit as well but he didn't want the Bandit so I sold it to a guy who drove 3 hrs to get it.

I kind of miss the old oil-boilers.....they were so simple to maintain once you sorted out the carbs.

Back