hockey  anyone?

LOL @ Revlis !! Congrats to your team man, they deserved to win that game, your guys were all over us, it was if we were sleeping ...  however they didn't deserve to win the season - stupid Bettman and the paid off refs
mad.gif
ha ha - all good though, bring on next season suckas !!!
cool.gif

We are so proud of our guys though, according to numbers it is amazing the Flames actually made the playoffs nevermind Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals !!! WOOT !!!

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086708125 -->

Now WHO needs to be banned?? huh huh huh
tounge.gif

That's my boys! Great 7th game. I was getting nervous the last few minutes of the 3rd period. But they kept their heads, and held on for the win!
wink.gif

Congrats to the Flames. The played a great 7 games. I must admit their passing is awesome to watch. They all play great together.

And to think I never watched hockey until the playoffs this season!
wow.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

And to think I never watched hockey until the playoffs this season!  
wow.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
that's cool, that's what we Canadians like to hear; that our sport is catching on down south and around the world. It's quite exciting to watch don't you think !!

On the reverse side, basketball just hasn't caught on here for some reason. We have an NBA team here in Toronto and used to have one in Vancouver but for some reason, nobody here watches it. I suppose it's because the NBA games are on TV the same time as the NHL games - ha ha.

That's because basketball sucks. I just don't understand the rules, don't see the fun of it at all. Hated playing HORSE with my brothers!

At least with Hockey I understood most of the calls by the 4 or 5th game. I'm still lost about offsides tho
rock.gif

I'm from Nebraska originally and my brothers played ice hockey with the neighborhood kids. But I was too young to pay much attention.

I'll be watching next season for sure!
smile.gif

offside is easy, it wouldn't be fair to have a player standing at the net and have your buddy shoot the puck from the other end of the rink to you where you would have a great chance to score.  So offside means that the puck has to cross the offensive blue line before the players do.  That's why they say "they defenders shot the puck out of the zone", that means that all the offensive players have to come back over the blue line again before the puck gets back into the end zone ...

that make sense ..
blush.gif
rock.gif

and yeah basketball does suck ass, it's one of the few things I see while channel surfing and I can't get by it fast enough

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086719987 -->

either way, we win!!  tampa has more canadians playing on the team than calgary does! (19 versus 15)... it's still a canadian game!
laugh.gif

congrats to tampa though.. the flames looked like they had lead in their skates last night up until 10 mins to go in the 3rd.. too little, too late.  ah, there's always next year!!
smile.gif
Your Not kidding... Makes me laugh it was the same thing in Denver when Avalanche won the Stanley cup after only a year or so in Denver. Some folks were like hey "We" rock... Truth was the whole franchise was bought and moved to Denver... SO we rock why?

Still, everywhere I go the Local teams start cleaning house...

It starts with The Avalanche back in the day, then Baltimore wins the Super Bowl while I am in Maryland, then I move down here and a year or two later the Bucks Finally win one, now this... So I guess I am just a big ugly assed Rabbits foot or something...Man I gotta start placing bets... Or you Northerners can Buy me a new house in your home city and I'll move up there at the beginning of the season... Just a thought...

Personally I would have liked to see you guys win it so you could really appreciate it. There are a lot of happy folks here in Tampa, but there is still a vast number of folks that have no idea what the cup is... This win should help change that though; folks around here are paying attention all of the sudden... Oh it'll be a brief thing, then all the natives will snuggle back into their alcohol/heat induced stupor... won't take long...

smile.gif

smile.gif

Personally I would have liked to see you guys win it so you could really appreciate it.  There are a lot of happy folks here in Tampa, but there is still a vast number of folks that have no idea what the cup is...  This win should help change that though; folks around here are paying attention all of the sudden...  Oh it'll be a brief thing, then all the natives will snuggle back into their alcohol/heat induced stupor...  won't take long...

smile.gif
I can see your poiny about the fans not appreciating it as much as the Calagary fans might. But I bet those players are loving every minute of it... come on 22 years of playing and Andreychuk finally gets the cup? He's gotta be ecstatic!
super.gif

I was really pulling for the Flames...
wow.gif

Well...next year!
firedevil.gif

Now let's see if the owner of the Lightning can make it two championships by having his Detroit team beat the Lakers!

GO 76ers!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

I love this basketball thread.....
Don't you have some shaving to do ... only folks that know what snow is like are allowed to post about hockey
laugh.gif

umm, wait a minute - Tampa won the cup, that place is in like Florida isn't it ..  
rock.gif

down.gif

blush.gif
Heheh...sure do, bro! Just thought I'd drop in and show my support for Elbonia winning the Olympic Gold in free-stlye basketball this year.

I love bein a nut......
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back