No rain, can't ride

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
It's not raining and I can't ride! I was playing in a hockey game last week (I'm a goalie) and I made a save and covered the puck, but I was stretched out face down and a guy fell on my back, compressing my ribs and cracked one right by the sternum. I can't turn the handlebars. It'll be at least a week or two before I can ride. Damn! Damn! Damn!

That sucks! Cali has been lots of rain too. Maybe there was a reason!

Should've stabbed the guy with your skate! The only "Happy Gilmore" approved response to an assault on the ice!

Hope you feel better soon; anything to do with the ribs sucks.
sad.gif

Ouch ouch ouch! I'm sorry to hear that...
sad.gif

Heal fast...plenty of riding days ahead, so you'll have time...
smile.gif

Ouch! That sux! If it's just a crack (not fully broken) give yourself 2 to 3 weeks to heal. If you broke it completely, give yourself about 4 to 6 weeks. I learned the hard way after breaking a rib on the side (crashed on a dirt bike and landed on the right side of the handle bars. The rib compressed until it snapped outward under my right arm, but the skin stayed intact)! Riding too close to the day I broke my rib (a few days later. Yeah, I know, dummy me!), I dislocated the break about 1/2in. Talk about ouch!

It will take a few weeks for the rib to heal enough to support the strain of pulling or pushing on the bars. Get well soon, but don't push yourself until your body says it's ready.

beerchug.gif

It's not raining and I can't ride!  I was playing in a hockey game last week (I'm a goalie) and I made a save and covered the puck, but I was stretched out face down and a guy fell on my back, compressing my ribs and cracked one right by the sternum.  I can't turn the handlebars.  It'll be at least a week or two before I can ride. Damn! Damn! Damn!
Sorry to hear about that Owen, how about a couple of Vicodin and a beer
tounge.gif
Probably feel better, but still couldn't ride.

Yeah man, take your time on that rib. It sucks to re-injur sumthin like that!

Thanks everyone! I'll just have to wait.
Another hard part was Watching my team play in the playoffs without me.

Getting injured at the end of the season sucks enough, but not to be able to ride the Busa is really bad. Sorry to hear that. Take your time with the healing, don't rush it. Remember those ribs flex alot when just breathing, if you are moving around they really flex and don't heal at all. Take it from someone whose been there, relax and let it heal.

When you get a certain age, it's not the injury itself, it's the healing process. Not tryin' to imply anthing Big O...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Back