High Centered Busa on Trailer

Husky

Registered
I got a atv trailer with a fold down rear ramp gate. My 02 Busa has been lowered and when I try to load it on the trailer it gets high centered at the angle where the ramp meets the trailer. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this headache and what kind of creatative solutions you came up with.

I have been just jacking up the front of the trailer to take some of the angle out to load/unload but what a pain in the ass.

you using a flat ramp maybe an arched or longer ramp or a combination of both longer an arched ramp:laugh:

How much clearance does it have from the fairing to the ground, when standing it upright on flat ground? If you have less than 3" you will need to use a very long arched ramp instead of the ATV ramp. You can prop the ramp/door up on some blocks to reduce the angle at the trailer, then use a shorter ramp to get the bike onto the ATV ramp.

When you lower any vehicle you will get bit somewhere. :whistle:

I put a small board on the trailer near the base where the ramp folds up, seemed to help but you have to play with the location to get the right clearance. Then you can bolt it down so its just there. I think I used a piece of 3/4" plywood that was wide enough to get the clearance. All depends on how low you are and how much you are dragging. Mine was just the mount point of the lower wing that hit. Good luck :beerchug:

Raise your ball so the trailer is at an incline. Make sure when you load or unload the the vehicle is level or facing down hill, but not up hill.

or....place a 2 x 4 under the ramp length wise and see if you can clear that way.

If you load/unload with out it being hooked up....make sure you have some blocks under the back of the trailer or the front of the trailer will fly up:whistle:

You simply need an arched ramp.

Motorcycle Ramps - Folding, Lightweight- Buy Today & SAVE!! | Pashnit Moto

ramp_577.jpg

I have the same problem with my trailer. Carry a small jack with you to raise up the hitch when you unload. Plus carry a 2x6 to put on the ground when the bike rolls off the trailer.

DSC08406.jpg

ramp_577.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

Back