HIDs are in but with a problem

Ban-One

Registered
When I turn on my HID high beam it stays lit for 10-15sec then shuts off. I will then flip the high beam switch off then on again. It comes on after that but this time only for about 3 sec. Any ideas? I only have hid for my high beam and it is a kit from a Lexus.

head east busa

Donating Member
Registered
probably because it's for a lexus most cars computer control module workis in conjunction with the factory hids. Bite the bullet pay the $65.00 for a single lamp high beam kit for your bike. It'll save you the time and the hassle.

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
check your charging system. it doesn't matter if it came off a car or not. all HID systems have a simple on/off control. In the case of a car, the B.C.M. (body control module) may control the on/off function, but it's still a switch. I know if your charging system is weak, it won't run the low & HI beam HID. triple check that battery too.

Ban-One

Registered
Well doesn't the bike have a battery charging device....alt? I assume that everything is good. I did notice that when I would turn on the HID, the low beam would dim just a little. How will I know if my charging system is weak? As far as the battery goes, I would have to take it to the auto store.

Ban-One

Registered
probably because it's for a Lexus most cars computer control module works in conjunction with the factory hids. Bite the bullet pay the $65.00 for a single lamp high beam kit for your bike. It'll save you the time and the hassle.
I have everything from the car. 12v is 12v. All that is needed is power and ground and you can run anything. It would be easy with a plug and play system, but this was all FREE.

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
I had a bad igniter box that did kinda the same thing.. Turn it on and it would flicker but not light up.. or it would light for a second or two but still not light up.. Chaged it to a new one and no problems since.. with that I'm bettin on bad igniter box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HOOKDADDY Busa Mods 13
904Busa Gen II Busa Information 31
S General Bike Related Topics 16
flippnswitchez Electrical Mods 13
HillbillyTom Electrical Mods 6