HIDs are in but with a problem

Ban-One

Registered
When I turn on my HID high beam it stays lit for 10-15sec then shuts off. I will then flip the high beam switch off then on again. It comes on after that but this time only for about 3 sec. Any ideas? I only have hid for my high beam and it is a kit from a Lexus.

probably because it's for a lexus most cars computer control module workis in conjunction with the factory hids. Bite the bullet pay the $65.00 for a single lamp high beam kit for your bike. It'll save you the time and the hassle.

check your charging system. it doesn't matter if it came off a car or not. all HID systems have a simple on/off control. In the case of a car, the B.C.M. (body control module) may control the on/off function, but it's still a switch. I know if your charging system is weak, it won't run the low & HI beam HID. triple check that battery too.

Last edited:
Well doesn't the bike have a battery charging device....alt? I assume that everything is good. I did notice that when I would turn on the HID, the low beam would dim just a little. How will I know if my charging system is weak? As far as the battery goes, I would have to take it to the auto store.

probably because it's for a Lexus most cars computer control module works in conjunction with the factory hids. Bite the bullet pay the $65.00 for a single lamp high beam kit for your bike. It'll save you the time and the hassle.
I have everything from the car. 12v is 12v. All that is needed is power and ground and you can run anything. It would be easy with a plug and play system, but this was all FREE.

I had a bad igniter box that did kinda the same thing.. Turn it on and it would flicker but not light up.. or it would light for a second or two but still not light up.. Chaged it to a new one and no problems since.. with that I'm bettin on bad igniter box.

Back