Gen 1 Busa HID issue

JBrooks3rd

Registered
Sooo I’ve got an issue, 2006 Hayabusa, It has a HID kit installed from previous owner. Well the issue is, With ignition on, Engine off, Low and high beams work, With ignition on and engine on, Neither lights work, I just started messing with it last night via a power probe, And everything has good volts with ignition off, 12.1-12.6 on almost all the sockets, Low beam, high beam, Turn signals etc.. I don’t know if a component of the HID kit is bad or what, I don’t know how to diagnose if they are bad to begin with. What would y’all recommend? Trying not to buy a new HID kit but if it kicks my butt enough that’s what will happen. Also some more info, All turn signals work, Taillight works as well. It is ONLY the low and high beam not working while engine is on.

What’s the output of the charging system when the bike is running?
HiD systems are generally really picky with supply voltage and I wouldnt be surprised if your bike when running isn’t giving enough charge to power the bike and the HiDs.

Id grab the manual and follow the charging diag workflow

When in doubt, take the HIDs off and go with stock and good light bulbs...

I have HIDs in mine and if they ever act up, they are gone.
My thoughts exactly!
HID lamps are too temperamental for my liking . . . seen so many have issues, I reckon LED lamps are way more reliable and are the way forward now.
Obviously the OEM halogen bulbs are the default setting here . . but good quality high output LED's rock!!

Back