HID update, it's now working, without the gauges.

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I bought the McCulloch 8000K, I wired up everything per the instructions that came with the kit and the few changes from posts on here(scrapped the plug and just used the blades). I mounted the ballast on the right side air tube and the smaller black box on the little shelf above the headlight. I ziptied the crap out of the wires so nothing is gonna move. I mounted the ballast with the sticky pad, two long ties around the tube and 2 short self tapping screws into the tube. It did not work after I reinstalled the nose. I double checked all the wires and tested for power at the white and black wires, it was there.

It turns out after talking to the tech at Xenon King he says some people have experienced problems with the install on Busa's. He told me to switch the white and black wires, the light circuit on the bikes are occasionally wired backwards...

It worked...

Has anyone else had to do this? I didn't want to go messing with anything on a brand new kit, so I waited for the tech.

Dave

Interesting... I'd never heard that before you! I also removed the blades and solder the wires together with the stock set-up...

Hadn't heard it either, but glad you got it working.

Thanks for posting this info. That kind of stuff is sooo frustrating. Better you than me...jk

Back