Finally got the HID kit installed!!!

I used one of these.

There is a blue (+)and black(-) wire from the ballast that,
"clicks" into the headlamp socket.
Seal it with weather strip putty or RTV silicone, for a little extra protection.
The kit comes with 3M double sided tape, to secure the ballast, laying to the top of the headlight housing, and a bit to secure the ignitor to the side of the housing.
30 mins to remove the nose of the bike.
15 mins to install the HID
30 mins to replace the nose.
10 mins extra if you put a timed relay in line before the ballast.

DDMold.jpg

WOW!!

Glad I got the Xentec 8000k...pretty much plug and play here...you did a nice job wih what you had to work with.
Yeah +1

I used a DDM kit.
Again pretty much, unplug the headlight,
install the HID.
Plug the ballast into the socket and the igniter on to the light and,...
Tah Dah.

clap.gif
 Still though,

a very thorough job with your kit.
The only reason his was different from yours was because he used the delay timer relay thingy.

Exactly. I used a timed relay to delay the headlight from coming on till the bike is started. It WAS a plug and play kit, I made it non-plug and play. Lol. And MrBogus, I kinda see your point on the grounding point. If I have any trouble I'll change it, but right now it's pretty much all back together, so I'm gonna leave it for now. If I have any problems with it I'll know the first place to look.

Just thought id throw a comment or 2 in there.  There was really no need to but anything for the spring to hold the light down. Thats what the black foam on the light is supposed to be used for. Secondly, why are you grouding your light system. It's independently run from auxiliary. ?? Just thought i'd ask, to see your point of view for installation.  Other than that man, that looks nice with the white paint scheme.
beerchug.gif
What black foam on the light?. . .
rock.gif

I have the same time delay relay and love it. I like the fact that the bike gets up and running, charging system has a little time to charge the battery... then the HID's come one.

Holy crap! All that for the HID? I though it was more plug and play. I have always done everything myself (exhaust, C.A. integrated signal, sprocket, spark plugs, etc.) but I may be hiring somebody for this one after seeing all that.

you are going to love the ability to see at night...the other big + in my book is that other drivers see me coming much better after Red05 and i installed mine
beerchug.gif

Holy crap!  All that for the HID?  I though it was more plug and play.  I have always done everything myself (exhaust, C.A. integrated signal, sprocket, spark plugs, etc.) but I may be hiring somebody for this one after seeing all that.
It can be if you're not quite as anal as I am. I just believe in doing things very thoroughly and doing them right. Why do something half assed when you can do it right with just a little more work? It's really not that big of a deal. It's not that hard of an install, it's just a little time consuming if you do it the way I did. I would place it at about a 4 on a difficulty scale of 1-10. From begining to end doing it the way I did, it would probably take about 1-2 hours. All except for the time it takes for the silicone to dry where the wires come through the dust cover. And like I said, everything I did isn't 100% neccessary, it's just the way I wanted to do it.

Well, sh!t, dont you know theres plug and play hid kits for the busa? I simply plugged the balast boxes and the lights in, mountes the boxes and i was done.

Ok, for everyone that keeps tellin me there are plug and play kits, I KNOW THAT. AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM I used a DEI 528T timed relay. That's why I had to do all the wiring! Has no one noticed the relay in the install proccess or do y'all just not know what it's for? Not bein mean, just askin an honest question.

I did the exact same setup as you man. But you said it right in an earlier post. You made it non plug and play. As long as it works is how i look at it. I used the same light brand and the same timer. I had a little different setup than you did. Didnt have to silicone anyhting, the wires came out fine. I used the black foam that came with the light for the spring to sit on. It was a pain getting that spring back on too..
laugh.gif
Once i pushed it down that foam seated really nice on the back of the light. Again man as long as it works is all that counts. You went with the 8k? I went with the 12k just for the look and it gives me really good lighting, i can only imagine what the 8k does for since its brighter.
thumb_up.gif

I did the exact same setup as you man. But you said it right in an earlier post. You made it non plug and play. As long as it works is how i look at it. I used the same light brand and the same timer. I had a little different setup than you did. Didnt have to silicone anyhting, the wires came out fine. I used the black foam that came with the light for the spring to sit on. It was a pain getting that spring back on too..
laugh.gif
 Once i pushed it down that foam seated really nice on the back of the light. Again man as long as it works is all that counts. You went with the 8k? I went with the 12k just for the look and it gives me really good lighting, i can only imagine what the 8k does for since its brighter.  
thumb_up.gif
I actually got the 5000k. It's so freakin bright it's rediculous!!! I took it for a test ride last night to adjust the headlight. And mine didn't come with any foam to put behind the bulb. . . I guess someone was asleep on the job while they were puttin my kit together. Oh well. Kinda makes me angry now, though. I woulda much rather had a foam piece and not had to go to all the trouble of cuttin out that rubber piece and usin the silicone.
sad.gif
Oh well.

I used the foam piece as well, also I used a relay and a switch, so I can turn it on and off at will. I put my switch in the right handle bar assembly, behind the mode selector switch.

So what foam piece is everyone talking about? I didn't get one. . . Was it supposed to come with the kit?

I might not be seeing the whole pictur here. But why not just put a heavy duty toggle switch in between the power wire so you can flip it off while you start the bike and then flip it back on.

I'm lookin to get HID myself, where do u guys get the 5,000k kit? I wanna get HID for high & low beam as there are alot of deer around here. I was gonna purchase from XenonKing but he only has 6,000k as his brightest.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just installed a 5,000k kit from Xenonking, both high and low. Makes a huge difference at night, now every bug in the whole county can see me :laugh: and die on a busa :rofl:
check their web site for the McCulloch kits

Re: Finally got the HID kit installed!!!

Nice I just had my machanic do that, if I would have seen that 2 weeks ago probably would have done it myself. He didn't charge a lot just feels good to do the work yourself, and getting realy close to bike week leaving in 2 days.:thumbsup:

Back