Help, Headlights work without the gauges?

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
I had the bike nose all apart to install my Reapers, lower the front and install my HID kit.  Plus I popped in my Yellow highbeam and was gonna wire power for my GPS.  I pulled the gauge cluster and packed it up to go to Blue Gauges.  

I installed the risers, lowered the front, installed the HID and put the nose back on for a test fit.  All the wires reached, everything fit backtogether fine.  I did not reinstall the gauges...

I turned on the key and the lights did not come on, I thought possibly the bike had to be running, Brain freeze I guess, I can't remember mid November was my last ride before putting her away.  I hit the pass button and the highbeam worked.  I started the bike and still got nothing.

Does anybody have a clue if the gauges have to be installed for the lights to work?  Any other thoughts?  The HID is brand new Mucullach with an 8000 bulb.  I really don't want to have to take a meter to the ballast it's like 20,000 volts...

Anybody....

Please....

No, I didn't check the taillights...

<!--EDIT|DNGrumpy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136775459 -->

I dunno, could be the bulb also... How do you check this shid...? I'll make sure it's getting power to the plug tomorrow beyond that I dunno...

There will be a burnt spot on the bulb if its bad,I've heard of some of these being bad from the factory.

Back