HID KIT

the low beam for the busa is an H7... best fit, practically only fit... pointless to go with high beam, obsolete....
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply, thats what i wanted to know. If the fit is that good then thats what im goin with. The reason i was askin is cuz the d2r, d2s, and the h4 base bulbs seem to be really common place, so id go with whats most available. But if the H7 base works without a problem, then thats the way im going. I really appreciate your help.

nitrousjunkie
Hayabusa Master

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:5.17
Location: United Arab Emirates/ Springlake North Carolina Posted: May 13 2005,18:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rhythm, are you ever gonna post up pics of your HID's?or do I have to keep posting up pics of Carmen in your absence? NJ.:;): [/QUOTE]

That hurt !
tounge.gif
She still undergoing surgery NJ. I'll pm you a photo.

Not Rythem, but here are some pics NJ.
Lights are brighter then it seems, camera has an auto dimming function.
6000K kit.[/QUOTE]

LQQkn nice Pipe !

just ordered my McCulloch 5000k kit (the rest are pretty much a waste unless you want the tiniting look...hmmm)...mike seemed pretty helpful...he said it was 100% PNP......kewl

so what again is the bulb we want to switch to on the high beam? just a 100W version of hte same bulb in there already?

BusaCruise
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.86

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just ordered my McCulloch 5000k kit (the rest are pretty much a waste unless you want the tiniting look...hmmm)...mike seemed pretty helpful...he said it was 100% PNP......kewl

so what again is the bulb we want to switch to on the high beam?  just a 100W version of hte same bulb in there already?  [/QUOTE]

Glad everything work'd out for ya (Boozecruise
tounge.gif
)and if you have anymore question just holla  
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116591175 -->

still waitin' for my 10K kit.......................................................................................
rock.gif

The busa uses a 9005 and a H7 bulb depending on if you are lookin at the high beam or the low beam. I would personaly purchase a car HID conversion kit and split the cost with a friend or fellow board member. The car conversion kits come with two bulbs/balasts and all the wiring to do two bikes. Depending on the kit you purchase that means it would only cost around $125 to $150 per bike. It makes it a little more affordable.

I thought this was supposed to be a "plug-n-play" install???
My plug isn't even close to the one provided.

Any other 2005 Busas got one installed?

I thought this was supposed to be a "plug-n-play"  install???
My plug isn't even close to the one provided.

Any other 2005 Busas got one installed?
Just splice them.... Waterproof splices and be sure and leave as much extra wire as you can. Just in case you ever decide to go back stock!

that isn't the point...it was supposed to be a "plug-in" mod......has everyone else had to splice??? funny that no one mentioned it before.
rock.gif

going back to stock is the reason it's just supposed to plug in...so I do not have to hack the harness.

i just installed my 10k last night, and ran into the same dilemma. u dont have to hack ur stock harness. i used a sharp metal object to push the plug prongs out of the lil' plastic housing... then set it aside(housing) in case u go back.....stock... u wont trust me!
wink.gif

Back