HID Headlight adjustment, high beam

3505panther

Registered
After installing a HID as my low beam, I left the high beam stock. Currently the low beam has been properly aimed, but my high beam is too high. Since there is a single adjustment for both wondering if others have seen this and what was done to correct it. Currently my High beam functions as a beacon for high altitude aircraft.

A related question is did I screw up the install of the low beam to begin with?

just the thread I was looking for.

I installed my HID's and went out for a ride. Night time set in and I hit the high beam and no change??? My high beam was aimed way up in the sky too. Now I can fix it. Thanks guys.:beerchug:

So thank you for the input. I did know where and how to adjust the light, the issue is that there is only a single adjustment for both the low and high beam. Once I had the low beam correct the high beam is not, adjusting for the high beam puts the low beam in the wrong spot. That is what I am trying to figure out, if the low beam bulb is not positioned properly in the housing or should I have something in there to shim it to the right location. I was going to take it apart again and see if I could adjust it more directly. Thanks for the links though.

So thank you for the input. I did know where and how to adjust the light, the issue is that there is only a single adjustment for both the low and high beam.

I've got a Gen I, I'm not 100% but I'd think they are very similar. On the Gen I the headlight assembly consisting of both the Hi and Low beam lights move as a single unit. From what I've seen and what I've read, it appears that the Gen II is functionally the same.

Gen II guys now is the time to speak up and help a brother out.

Mine didnt work out that way. After the HID install, I had to **** my hi's down with a 1/2 washer, after setting my lows I just couldn't get the hi where i needed it to be. Werks good now!

Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow night after riding. I'll let you all know how it turned out just in case someone else is wondering.

I have both high and low hid lights. The high beam doesn't do a very good job of lighting up the road unless it is very dark with no street lights. I have noticed with any street lights on, the high beam seems to be in the trees and only lights up sighns. But once you go in the woods the high beam does a great job of lighting up everything including the road. I think I will go back to the stock high beam because most of my riding has street lighting and I want to see ahead. Hope this helps.

there's an up/down adjustment and a left/right adjustment for the high and low beam. they're separate. you need to pull the cluster to get to the adjustment bolts, then go out for a ride with a couple extensions, a ratchet, a wobble bit, and i think an 8 or 10 mm socket. check socket size before you go out.

there's an up/down adjustment and a left/right adjustment for the high and low beam. they're separate. you need to pull the cluster to get to the adjustment bolts, then go out for a ride with a couple extensions, a ratchet, a wobble bit, and i think an 8 or 10 mm socket. check socket size before you go out.

For the Gen2?

I thought it was a whole unit, you adjust the low beam and high would just move accordingly.

I had/have the same problem on my gen2. After installing the HID's, my high beam was way up in the air and the low beam seemed to not be bright enough. I adjusted it but now the low beam is like 4 feet in front of the bike and the high beam is where it should be. I might try to adjust the low with a washer or something to see if I can make it better. At this point, I just leave the high's on and drive like that everywhere. I can't see past the front of my bike with just the lows.

dunno about the gen 2, but i can't fathom as to why they'd remove the separate aiming on the new models.

Have seen this before on the Gen II bikes.... Captain had this same problem I believe. I would think that you could adjust the HID, not with the bolts but by the placement of the HID itself. Just out of curiosity have you tried repositioning the return wire on the HID to the opposite side of the light housing? Some of these kits are moveable while others are not... Let us know if that helps please. The placement of the return wire is optional in most reflector type lens but is almost always recommended to point down in a projector type lens..

Question here then,

If its a true plug and play kit then the filament placement needs to be spot on for the HID gas chanber. Otherwise the reflector in the stock lens is not even working right. HIDs always need a different reflector, now the fact that there is a projection type reflector is a good thing.

I had a set of 4300K XenonDepot kits in my Acura RSX-S and it did throw a lot of light but the cut off was horrible and I pissed many a drivers. Till I cranked them down a tad.

So Anybody have pictures of XenonKing bulbs lined upo with H7 factory low beam bulbs to see if they are close to one another?

Just curious before I spend my money. Thats all

Last edited:
Clearing the air....

On GEN 2 you CANNOT adjust low and high beams independently.
IT SUCKS.
I have tried to shim the low beam up to get it to a useful position. No luck yet.
I am to the point now of adding additional lamps. The only ones I like are moto lights. The price is holding me back.
The Suzuki engineer that screwed this up needs a beating.

Reactions: Zee
The Suzuki engineer that screwed this up needs a beating.

And a chance at redemption, Put a dual adjustment on the 2010 model but let it be a direct replacement into the 08 and 09 front end so at least we could get one from Suzuki. lol...

It should be a recall. The cost of a headlamp assembly is heart stopping..:banghead:

Back