Question about headlights

Bobbyblaze

Registered
I want to put some HIDs in my orange and black, what is involved in doing this? Do i just have to remove the gauge cluster to access them? I would also like to change my low beam and high beam locations, but the plugs are different has any one put there low beam where the high beam is?
Thanks

tiptoe.gif

bump.gif

bump.gif

bump.gif

bump.gif

bump.gif

Lots of discussion on the subject, so a search is probably best. It's not very hard and removing the inner panels and gauge cluster will get you the room you need to do ti.

I did both lo and hi on my K6
Only lo bean with xenon is neede for being more visible to the car drivers. The high end beam needed a relay from high bean switch and direct power (through a fuse) from the battery.

Only lo bean with xenon is neede for being more visible to the car drivers. The high end beam needed a relay from high bean switch and direct power (through a fuse) from the battery.

Oh and Welcome to the oRg CyberAngel
+1... Just do the low beam

There should be a sticky on this over in the electrical mods section of the forum. Let me do some checking for you!

let me get this straight.

are you powering the high beam ballast all the time?

I have done the low beam hid , waiting for the high beam until I can bypass the delay. Or just live with it.

I wanted to power the high beam ballast and igniter from the ignition source and just switch the bulb on and off.

problem I foresee is ..........voltage level will be off the scale at that point between the bulb and igniter, warranty goes away and reliability would be an issue.

i don't think it will be a viable solution to the delay problem or it would have been made this way. The auto factory HID high beams are on and switching high beam to low beam is done by shielding the HBeam with a hood or moving the angle of the beam.

any thoughts?

in the question are you asking if you can run the low beam in the projector beam housing? and the high beam in the large open upper spot?  if so I don't see why not if you either cut the wires leading to both and swaped them, or divised some sort of adapter plate.

in the question are you asking if you can run the low beam in the projector beam housing? and the high beam in the large open upper spot? if so I don't see why not if you either cut the wires leading to both and swaped them, or divised some sort of adapter plate.
Yes that is exactly what i want to do, I think that it would look much better in the high beam casing.. I didn't tear into it yet to really look at what was needed. I just noticed the plugs were different, So i was sure someone here has changed there head lights and might know what is needed to do it.. Im gonna get some HIDs anyways, where is a good spot to mount the ballest?

in the question are you asking if you can run the low beam in the projector beam housing? and the high beam in the large open upper spot? if so I don't see why not if you either cut the wires leading to both and swaped them, or divised some sort of adapter plate.
Yes that is exactly what i want to do, I think that it would look much better in the high beam casing.. I didn't tear into it yet to really look at what was needed. I just noticed the plugs were different, So i was sure someone here has changed there head lights and might know what is needed to do it.. Im gonna get some HIDs anyways, where is a good spot to mount the ballest?
if u do this how will you dim your high beam?

Would you really ever want to dim your high beam? although if you put the low beam in the projector beam housing it will be pointed much farther up than the low beam and will blind the oncoming deivers as well as not really light up the road directly in front of you (0-20 feet) very well.

But, I also think it would look very nice if while riding just the lower beam was on.

super.gif
AM -->
freponyryd @ Jul. 27 2008 said:
1487167[/ATTACH] AM]
Would you really ever want to dim your high beam? although if you put the low beam in the projector beam housing it will be pointed much farther up than the low beam and will blind the oncoming deivers as well as not really light up the road directly in front of you (0-20 feet) very well.

But, I also think it would look very nice if while riding just the lower beam was on.
Good point i was thinking about that too.. I wouldnt be dimming the high beam just switching there locations.. Im just going to put them in there right places. Anyone have a good spot they mounted there ballast? are they water proof?

super.gif

there is no need to remove the cluster or anything up top to do the HID's just do it from underneath the headlight. remove a few push in tabs that hold a little plastic piece that goes right under neath the headlight and attaches to the inside of the main fairings

Back