HID questions, high and low or just low beam?

Im running both high and low.. my pass still works.. I run the high on during the day.. and at night i run the low..If i turn the high on at night the road is more lit up than a airport :rofl:

i really like mine :thumbsup:

Just received my ddm hid h7 35w 6000 lowbeam and got it installed over the weekend. Really like it so far, only had the chance to take it out once so far at night to see how bright she is. The h9 35w 6000 high beam should be here this week. Trying to decide if i should install the high beam, or leave the stock high beam. Read quite a few threads where members were just running the low beam hid, any reason why? I know i will lose the pass to flash function on my 08, but never use it anyway. Guess i might as well install it and see how i like it, then decide. Think i need to adjust the headlight up a tad, it seems a bit low while riding at night with just the low beam, but gonna wait and try the high beam before i go messing with stuff. I have also heard of a few problems with gauges acting up or the clock re-setting with hid's, if i use the hid starting procedure (hold in starter button and then clutch it to start it, so lights don't come on until engine's running), would there still be a possibility of the gauges/clock acting up?
I've tried out every combination in a couple cars.....i found that for me, hid low beam and led high beam work best. The issue i ran into was that the hid high beam has to warm up and is not as bright until it is warm. Led is instantly 100% and they tend to have a different through pattern than a hid or halogen, which, again, for me, works the best in a high beam reflector.

Back