Hey Rev...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>I HATE YOU...</span> :tounge:

Heh heh... Just kiddin' man. You know I love ya. But I am a little peeved at ya for causin' me to reconsider my position on the exhaust issue...

I was all decided on a BDE/Hindle system and Power Commander until you posted yer thread about gettin' Micron bolt ons. Yer comments about the work and expense made me start thinkin' about the whole thing again. You just had to make me think about it, didn't ya?  :drool:

I thought I done a great job of tryin' to convince you in yer Micron thread that a full system was the best way to go, but now I'm back peddlin' myself. Part of me is sayin', " 'Train, you should really get the full system because you'll be gettin' more for yer money." Another part is sayin', " 'Train, do you really want to open up the Power Commander/Tuning can o' worms just yet?".

The more I think about it, the more I start to realize that the money difference between two cans and a full system isn't the only thing to look at. When I look at the cost of a PCIIIR and dyno time, and a tuner that knows WTF he's doin' with the PCIIIR I realize that I ain't really gettin more from a full system for the same or slightly more money. Yeah, I'd get more, but it'd be considerably more expensive when EVERYTHING is totalled up.

So, I guess the logic in my replies to yer thread was somewhat flawed. I've almost decided to join ya in gettin' a set of Micron cans... for now anywayz. So, where are we gonna get the best price for 'em? You found any deals? :super:

Hah! NOw if I ain't happy with cans I can blame yer azz!!! :laugh:

HE HE, Yeah But now I have sorts gotten away from Micron just a little bit. Here's what I have noticed. If you keep your slip ons in good shape, you can use em' for a couple of years and prolly get about 70% of your money back for them if you decide to upgrade. The Prices on e-bay are pretty good for used stuff.

I am currently giving some thought on some Yoshimura Tri-ovals in stainless. They are pretty inexpensive, their odd shape suits the busa, and they do not look like every other pipe out there...hold on a couple...

Well, I had almost settled on buying Microns when I was shopping for cans initially. They appear to be absolute top quality pieces from what I've read and seen on the net. Just the level I want for my busa. I like to race but I ain't crazy 'bout the "ratty racer" look that some cans have. The quality of Yosh cans looks to be good, but I like the end cap idea that Micron has better than the rivet thing everyone else is doing. That was one thing that I really liked about Micron.

Oh well, keep me posted if you find anything of interest. It's not a done deal either way for me, yet. However, a good deal might sway me to either side right now.  :cool:

This what I have found thus far of some interest.  I dunno anythign about this vendor but the prices are right.

Moto-race

The link takes you right to the Yoshi, Tri-Oval TRS slip ons.

I like the look and Yoshimura is good stuff if just a little over abundant... We'll see...

I haven't forgotten about getting you a template for the rear fender...oh allright I did forget, but I'll get it to you soon.

With the BDE, Brock supplys the maps. Track and dyno tuned. Remember his Busa exhaust is extremely spacific. I love mine. Sounds great and runs even better.

Later,

Steve

Really! I did not know that tree. I have been battleing the BDE/ HMF Highmount issue. That kinda tips the scales a bit. THanks for the info! I LOVE THIS BOARD!

With the BDE, Brock supplys the maps.  Track and dyno tuned.  Remember his Busa exhaust is extremely spacific.  I love mine.  Sounds great and runs even better.

Later,

Steve
Actually, I had either forgotten or overlooked the fact that maps were included. I still think I'd have it dyno'd to see how close the map was for my specific bike. Good point, though. I could run it with the BDE map until I done more to it and needed a different map. Yeah, ok. Now I hate you, too, Tree! :laugh:

Seriously, thanks for throwin' that out there. I don't know what I'll end up doin'...

This what I have found thus far of some interest.  I dunno anythign about this vendor but the prices are right.

Moto-race

The link takes you right to the Yoshi, Tri-Oval TRS slip ons.

I like the look and Yoshimura is good stuff if just a little over abundant... We'll see...

I haven't forgotten about getting you a template for the rear fender...oh allright I did forget, but I'll get it to you soon.
Well, I just ain't feelin' the tri-ovals, man. I like the RS3 Race cans much better. The tri-ovals are indeed a bit different, but just not my taste. I'm too picky sometimes, I guess. :cool:

Ah the "I'm Too Picky" comment.  Thus implying that anyone who likes the tri-oval cans are somehow less than picky. Perhaps what you are trying to say is that you are too simple for the Tri-ovals and that the uniqueness frightens and alarms you. Plebian if you will?   :eek:  :eek:  :D

Yeah, I'm a plebian trapped in a man's body. Oooooh, wait. That's a lesb... hmmmm. :laugh:

By the way, I got to hear a full Yosh 4-1 carbon yesterday on Pimpbike's busa. Sounds and looks killer!!! Wish I could hear a BDE/Hindle Street Smart in person tho...

Yeah, I'm a plebian trapped in a man's body. Oooooh, wait. That's a lesb... hmmmm.  :laugh:
:laugh: Oh thats funny...

Yeah I need to get to more bike nights and not be shy about asking to hear other folks bikes...I think it would be about the best way to decide what I want to get....

Back