Do you carry

If you pull your gun out, you have to think of it as a lazer and anything you point it at you can kill. Pulling a gun out is a last resort and you have to be prepared to use it if you do. Otherwise it can be used against yourself. Never use one as a empty threat. Be prepared to KILL whatever you point it at and be able to justify why later.

Thats all.

Paul

Guns dont kill people ........its what comes out of them :D

i would not try to shoot and ride .....too much movie hype but if on foot and trying to get to my busa that is different story
and last but not least

DEAD PEOPLE DONT TESTIFY my word agains a corpse :cool:

All I know is when I feel like my life is in danger the best way out is to remove myself or the threat from the situtation. Compromise isn't desireable because I have no reason to believe that the bad guy just wants to chill out and wait to be taken off to jail.
So......if for whatever reason you cannot remove yourself from the threat........how do you remove the threat?
The answer my friend is gun control.

i.e. the accurate and rapid placing of rounds through the *threats* vital area's.

Also someone asked how you shoot from a moving bike.

The answer is leftie gun control.
i.e. see above & add with one's off hand. That's why you have 2 of them after all.

mcoyote has a point tho... You shouldn't pull it if ya ain't willing to use it.

Lumpy never had to go that far, and just 'cause you're willing doesn't mean ya have too or will.
Raider.......no offence, but........are you a little unstable?:super: :tounge:  :tounge:

:beerchug:
No offense. :cool:

Was just trying to answer the question is all.

I'm as stable as the next Texan raised in NY. ;)

I had a prof. in Law School who thought people in eastern Ky. were the best. That's because everyone carries (legal or not) and knows how to shoot and will shoot. He thought these were great characteristics is people, as he felt guns should only be used to kill people, not animals (hunting). HE was crazy, of course.:D

So what was he carrying?

Gun Control: Steady squeeze on trigger and hitting what you aim at.

You also have to think about what kind of rounds your using. High velocity has a tendency to go through people and into others. If you get to that situation you have to be aware of every little thing that is going on.

I still have some black talons for the glock.
Those will definately do a lot of damage, but they put too much wear on the barrell for me. When on my trips I stack 2 PMC and 1 Winchester "home defense" (hollow). The recess on the Win. is almost to the back of the the projectile, if you hit the right part of a person you will take part of the body off! Aim for the neck!!!

All I know is when I feel like my life is in danger the best way out is to remove myself or the threat from the situtation. Compromise isn't desireable because I have no reason to believe that the bad guy just wants to chill out and wait to be taken off to jail.
So......if for whatever reason you cannot remove yourself from the threat........how do you remove the threat?
The answer my friend is gun control.

i.e. the accurate and rapid placing of rounds through the *threats* vital area's.

Also someone asked how you shoot from a moving bike.

The answer is leftie gun control.
i.e. see above & add with one's off hand. That's why you have 2 of them after all.

mcoyote has a point tho... You shouldn't pull it if ya ain't willing to use it.

Lumpy never had to go that far, and just 'cause you're willing doesn't mean ya have too or will.
Raider.......no offence, but........are you a little unstable?:super:

:beerchug:
No offense.   :cool:

Was just trying to answer the question is all.

I'm as stable as the next Texan raised in NY.   ;)
I know dude.......just yankin yer chain. :beerchug:

COPIED OVER FROM "FIRST NEAR DEATH THREAD"......

MSF This discussion goes back a ways as you well know.  The need for a handgun on your person is certainly blown a bit out of proportion in allmost ALL cases.  Problem as I see it comes down to respect.  Americans seem to have developed this "You will Respect Me" mentality whilst at the same moment, remain completely unable to respect others.  It's pathetic, and consistant.  Especially in your larger cities where you also get a serious aggressive vibe.  

Then you take all this attitude and posturing BS, mix in a lack of empathy, stir in a good dose of class inequality, racism, or percieved racism.  Serve over a glass filled with inattentive driving, SUV Soccer Moms that give you the middle finger, and topped with the "I am better than you and I can prove this by keeping you behind me" mindset.  What you end up with is a huge "Clusterf*ck" we call American society displayed graphically on our roads.  All you have to do is pop on CNN and the whole twisted thing plays out like a warped poorly written Shakespearian tragedy.  

The reactionary side winds up getting their concealed carry without having any real clue regarding their usefulness or lack of usefullness. Without a doubt there is a whole lot of screwed up behaviour out there but it's not something you can use a firearm to solve.  Now I own guns, I love to shoot.  If I am going on a long drive/ride I usually carry.  But I am carrying just in case, not to protect me from other drivers.  Concealed firearms do nothing to prevent crime, all they do is provide a means of response to crime or actions allready in progress.  So I carry occasionally but I base my decision on where I am going, what time I am going to be there, and who I am going to be there with.  Some areas in your bigger cities it's not an all bad idea.  But in reality, there is a one in a Million chance you are ever going to have legitimate use for a firearm.   :rant:

OK MY longwinded point is that the things that are wrong with the average American when they get behind the wheel are not going to be fixed via handgun.  It's not the "Wild West".  No shooting from your steed....

And Monster, things are not that bad.  There may be a few areas in some of the bigger cities where it may be a good idea, but the media has really convinced a lot of people that street crime is just rampant, and the NRA and other groups, are all too happy to Capitalize on these fears.

Gotta stay strapped :crazy: AB -10

Gun_Smoke.jpg

Following up on my own post. DO NOT GET ME WRONG FOLKS! I am a serious Fire arm fan. I own about a dozen guns and have since I was 18 and old enough to buy my first long gun. I grew up shooting with the family.

What I am trying to say is I hear a lot of "Hollywood" and "Cowboy" talk out there. Gimmie a break, what we got Roy Rodgers and John Wayne out here?

Reality folks, shooting to kill, to end someones life. To kill a Son, a Father, a Brother, or a Wife, Mother, or Daughter. Sounds like something many have not considered. It may be justified, you may even be able to get through it unscathed. But you still may have just blown away some little girls or boys Daddy. A shooting involves a whole lot more than just the you and guy your pointing at. THINK ABOUT IT...

NOW If I feel my life or or the life of a loved one is in danger, I have no other recourse, no retreat, and the ASP Baton or Pepper Spray have been ruled out as options, I am ready, and prepared to shoot to kill. No hesitation, no remorse because I know that will have looked at all the options and there weren't any. I shoot regularly, I have firearms through out my house (NO KIDS), and I have a plan if someone breaks into my house. But before running out and buying a gun and a CCL really think about it, real life blood and gore. Killing another, if you do not think you can do it, if there is any hesitation, buy a stun gun or some OC spray and call 911. Understand the laws in your area, are you required to give warning? Do you have to retreat before lethal force is justified? Things to think about... And remember you will have to live for the rest of your life knowing you took the life of somebodies kid, Mom or Dad, Brother, Sister.

NOT a Damn thing Funny, Cute, Heroic, or Hollywood about it, your life will change forever. :rant:

While I agree with ya mostly Rev. The point is that you'll be alive for your life to change. Its been my experience that the ones most likely to get in that position of being shot/ killed don't have anyone. Not all of them but most of them. And of those that do, most are obviously NOT thinking of *their* lovedones.
Finally, If its Him/Her/Them or me, I'm doing my best to see that its not me.
Nothing John Wayne about it. Reality is that given all that, I might lose.

Oh, I meant to include that since most of my day at work is dealing with situations where the shtuff has hit the fan I probably have a biased opinion on whether or not it's necessary to carry all the time. Add to that the fact that I work in the same county I live in and often run into folks I've had ta hook up and you can see why I carry without exception.

To quote "Smoke" in Biker Boyz... "If you step to me you better come correct." ;)

Traveling yes..

Thinking of going for the 50 cal S&W
that thing is abut as bad as the .454 Casull! Most people only get one accurate shot out of them, the first one. You may have the experience and ability to do better, but I will stick to .45's.

If you try shooting while moving, your chances of hitting what your actaully aiming at are small, you may hit the general area, but thats usually not a good thing since there are probably other (innocent) people in the general area. If it comes to something that bad, stop - do what you have to, and wait for the cops. You run and even if it was self defense you automatically become the one in the wrong. Having firearms is a privelege, if you abuse it we all run the risk of losing it. I don't want to see that happen and can tell that most of the people posting in this thread don't want that either. Common sense will set you free

Desert eagle .50  in my shoulder holster is my carry of choice. I carry it open in plain view. Very good deterrent. Ruger sp101 .357 backup in my boot.

One is only as free as one's immediate ability to defend one's freedom.

Woe be onto those who would attempt to enslave me.

Several have tried including thugs, government, and law enforcement.

They all have failed.

Back