Do you carry

Killing another, if you do not think you can do it, if there is any hesitation, buy a stun gun or some OC spray and call 911.  
Killing another, if you do not think you can do it, if there is any hesitation, buy a stun gun or some OC spray and call 911.  

Rev makes a very important point and considering the number of times people lose their guns before using them it's harder than most think.  

What I find interesting is that now that I don't carry I don't seem to get into the same situations as when I did.  Maybe I am just older and more reserve or maybe the added protection made me a little foolish, kinda like putting on the one-piece leathers vs. just the textile jacket.  

Yea, I grew up around a bad element, made it to college some how and got a decent life.  Would pop back into the darkness now and then, I guess it just felt like home.  Now I live in the burbs, keep my cash separate from my license and look before I leep.  I don't miss being a ranger and I don't miss being a punk.  

Am I bored, naw I own a Busa :D
btw - the thought of crashing with a pistol in the pants is not appealing :eek:

While I agree with ya mostly Rev. The point is that you'll be alive for your life to change. Its been my experience that the ones most likely to get in that position of being shot/ killed don't have anyone. Not all of them but most of them. And of those that do, most are obviously NOT thinking of *their* lovedones.
Finally, If its Him/Her/Them or me, I'm doing my best to see that its not me.
Nothing John Wayne about it. Reality is that given all that, I might lose.
I think we are largely on the same page bro, I am just trying to make the point that the reality of using deadly force may be a whole lot different than what folks may think. Florida is a pretty good state to defend yourself in, some decent laws in the books.

I just wanted folks to really think about it for a second. I wasn't really pointing any fingers, just wanted to make an important point.

Make no mistake though, I absolutely agree that if it gets to that point, Him or Me? There is no question. If I run out of options, I will use deadly force without hesitation, at that point I will make sure that whatever the situation, my loved ones and myself are protected. I do not entertain the notion that "co-operating", "trying not anger" Blah Blah Blah an attacker/robber is any kind of option. There will be no sustained "home invasion" scenarios played out.

The Wife is lethal with the .357, and the 12 Gauge, and she understands the laws and the consequences. Most importantly, I know she would not hesitate to shoot to kill. She doesn't have any "Pepper Spray", ASP Baton options as she is simply to tiny. So she has become proficiant with every firearm in the house but really digs the patterning and power of the 12 Gauge. I think it has to be the ultimate Home defense weapon if you live in town. Out in the country I would probably opt. for a civilian M-4 (AR-15 Carbine) variant.

I love shooting targets though, I really enjoy taking a stack of weapons up into the mountains back home and blowing the crap out of Watermelons, Apples, coconuts etc. Using organic targets gives you a lot less to clean up...

Does this answer your question???  :super:
Aww, Lookit do cuwt wittle gun...  Oh it's just so cute... :laugh:

Kidding Real nice carry gun, I like glocks for their ruggedness and dependability.  I could do with a slightly easier take down though.  Damn little tabs...
She is a cutie, ain't she?  ;) Yeah, the take down could be a bit easier but I guess I'm used to it. I only have 14 Glocks...  :super:
Right on, Glocks are hard to beat.  I have fired the 17, 17L, the .40 and the full size .45  I think it's the 23.  When it gets time for me to buy a good carry gun I will probably get one of the lil Glocks in .45ACP.
 My favorite right now is a SIG226 that I had customized by Robar.  I had the internals smoothed, ramp polished, action cleaned up a little then had all the internals NP3 coated with a two tone exterior. Frame is Electroless Nickel, Slide is Ro-Guard (Black) with tritium night sights.  It is my point and shoot weapon, pretty much anything that I can point at I can hit.  I use Cor-Bon 125GR +P+ Jacketed Hollow points.  It's spooky accurate and being a 9mm my sight picture doesn't really move.  It's the one I really trust the most.  Any interest I will post pictures...

Oh and in regards to the Glock take down, it's super easy once you get that tab pulled down, you just cannot have sweaty fingers. The SIG, breaks down super easy, but I am not throwing it in the mud I do dig the durability of the glocks.

Right on, Glocks are hard to beat.  I have fired the 17, 17L, the .40 and the full size .45  I think it's the 23.  When it gets time for me to buy a good carry gun I will probably get one of the lil Glocks in .45ACP.
 My favorite right now is a SIG226 that I had customized by Robar.  I had the internals smoothed, ramp polished, action cleaned up a little then had all the internals NP3 coated with a two tone exterior. Frame is Electroless Nickel, Slide is Ro-Guard (Black) with tritium night sights.  It is my point and shoot weapon, pretty much anything that I can point at I can hit.  I use Cor-Bon 125GR +P+ Jacketed Hollow points.  It's spooky accurate and being a 9mm my sight picture doesn't really move.  It's the one I really trust the most.  Any interest I will post pictures...[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? You drop a mod list like that and have any question whatsoever if there'll be interest in photos? Dude, you better get that photo up here before I die of anticipation! SIG handguns are super schweet! Robar'd SIG handguns are even schweeter!!!  :super:

I have a P229 9mm that I thought about sending to Robar to get slicked up. The thing is, I never carry it. I always carry a Glock. I could spend the Robar bucks on a bike mod, like exhaust, and get far more actual use out of it. Always wanted a Robar'd SIG though. Maybe someday...  ;)

By the way, the big .45 Glock is the model 21. I think you want a G30. I got one of each but I like the compact size G30 better. Especially for concealed carry. The G21 is a pretty big gun even for open carry. :cool:

Here's my compact .45... The G30. Super schweet concealed carry .45.

g30gd.jpg

Here's my compact .45... The G30. Super schweet concealed carry .45.
Yeah that is what I am after... Small compact tough as hell and .45, what more could you want?

I'll get a pic of the sig Posted this weekend hopefully. I have the inlaws coming in this weekend but I should be able to get out some...

Today wuz a good day , just got back from the range

Desert Eagle

Cool! I haven't had time to hit the range lately. I need to go. Don't wanna get too rusty. ;)

Back