"Here he comes,

Trixie was his girlfriend and wasnt the monkey named something like JimJim, then there was Dad, they could get the dad from OCC choppers to be that guy.... I loved speed racer when I was a kid, I still know all the words to the song from above.....

Ya know guys its hard to have a realistic car chase when the car has springs and can jump out of danger... I'm not sure but I think they are leaving some of the imagination for the kids and not so much aimed at us for the realism...

Cap
Don't forget about Racer-X, that was his brother.

That was my favorite cartoon when I was growing up. The movie will probably be a dissapointment like most of remakes of the 70s TV shows. They either try taking it way over the top or way too corney trying to relate it to today's generation.

I think Tron still wins over speed racer... at least he rode a bike.

beerchug.gif

yeah, I don't care how fake it will be... it WAS a cartoon in it's earlier life anyway. And the Wachowski's have a very good track record of well done movies: Assassins, Bound, The Matrix, V for Vendetta... Speed Racer should be entertaining as well as a grand salute to the original ideas.

I hate most overdone CGI stuff, but can think of no better way to come closer to the cartoon. I'd prefer it be closer to the cartoon [or fully cartoon] than closer to reality for this one. If I wanted REALITY, I'd go to the nearest race track and watch

lol this is just a funny thread...but yeah speed was a demon on wheels....lol the das name was pops racer and racer X was a far better racer than speed. this is the second paint scheme id planned on using that turned into a movie(the surfer icon i use being the first)it takes away from the whole "I brought it back" feeling lol the movie drops then its like you went WITH it.

anybody remember the episode with the GRX supercar that was so fast it no one could drive it? hahaha the good old days.

no, but I remember how they cheated and reused the exact same race visuals in every episode! hahahaha but many cartoons do that and it's not a big deal

Always having been (and still being) a bit nerdy, I also remember not being happy with the car's gadgets, especially the jumping device. Being familiar with heavy machinery and the lightweight cars used at the local amateur rallies (e.g. Fiat 600 Abarth or Reanult 8 Alpine), those jacks on a race car didn't make sense even for a 9 years old.

I watched that cartoon everyday after school when I was a kid, but not really that excited about this remake.

Back