Here are the 23 executive orders signed today by Obama

What I should have said is that I'm in favor of stronger enforcement actions against violent crimes, specifically those involving guns. When some thug is sentenced to 15-20 years, he has no business being back on the streets in 2, but that's how it works in this country.

I couldn't agree more.

Three come to mind, Recall petitions on all that voted for the assault on this, jury nullification. Then there is the supreme court if any of the law is in violation of someones rights. End of the day, upstate needs to separate from NY Metro area, there are no cultural ties between the two regions, never has been even before the revolution, NYC metro supported the English, full of loyalists, that culture of serfdom is still alive and well in NY metro area, not so in upstate.

Funny you say that. Lots of talk about splitting long island out as its own state. The funny thing though would be sorting out they city and 5 boroughs. Two are on the island but not in the county so here's to hoping. Maybe if NYC could go the way of DC this state would be better off

Whistle ...

ForumRunner_20130116_141618.png

Yes, this is not the end of it. I'm glad I saw it coming & stocked up @ last summers prices :thumbsup: NRA is planning the BIG battle.

10 minutes after the dog/pony show, I got an email offering THESE:

I will never buy from CTD again...

- $129 for ONE 30 round METAL mag?
- $400 for 300 rds M855?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.jpg

Here is an old ad...the prices change on hype and market trends...just stay ahead and have what you need...sell items that are unnecessary. Is it far fetched to say that a day will come that you can have a revolver and a double barrel shotgun in you house or stored at a gun club? I enjoy shooting and in some parts of the country having a sizeable weapon is necessary...I am all for if you pass the checks and can afford a nice collection why not...it is a smaller percent of the population that is the main problem.

HK_ADV_Vollmers_Jan84.jpg

Oh man I got a pile of old Shotgun News mags. Yes if you really want to cry read one from that time above.
New Hks for $500 :cry:

10 minutes after the dog/pony show, I got an email offering THESE:

I will never buy from CTD again...

- $129 for ONE 30 round METAL mag?
- $400 for 300 rds M855?

CTD sucks!!!!! They already did this once and received RIDICULOUS flack for it...... and then they do it again!!! :banghead: :banghead:

This is a pretty measured and logical approach, which is typical for Obama. There is nothing in there that steps outside current 2nd amendment boundaries. But I the tricky one here is number 14. Currently there is little objective evidence connecting guns with anything beyond stistical tendancies. They are looking for some direct causal links to guns and gun violence. If they can make that link then the game changes. For example are there certain personality profiles that are shared by mass shooters? Then they know what to look for and how to keep that person away from a gun.

Personally I don't think that will be easy because most of them end up dead, so they can't interview them or study their mental states. So basically this is Obama putting a check in the box "do something about guns". I'm glad because the gun thing would not be constructive to his agenda.

You need to do some additional reading.

Everyone is missing the meat behind the 23. You need to read the complete Executive actions in the other thread.

Man an I over this gun thing.

Therein lies our differences Willie. Some of us will never compromise on certain things.
Punishing 99.99% of the people to possibly possibly prevent the .01% from acting is not acceptable to me.
PERIOD.

pertinent quote (not sure who said it):

"I think of that quote often.
People don't want a free society anymore. You can demonstrate the wisdom of keeping government in check in countless ways, but when people are literally pleading for you to take their rights then you've lost the struggle for freedom. We are now in a new era of fascism and the lessons of why you don't entrust power to to a centralized force will have to be learned all over again."

Back