secret service for life!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
Obama Gets Secret Service for Life | NBC Chicago

Obama says guns for him and his family, but no guns for you and yours

Despite launching a gun control agenda that threatens to disarm the American people, President Obama has signed a bill that would afford him armed Secret Service protection for life.

“The legislation, crafted by Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, rolls back a mid-1990s law that imposed a 10-year limit on Secret Service protection for former presidents. Bush would have been the first former commander in chief affected,†reports Yahoo News.

At the same time he wants to take your guns, he just gave himself LIFETIME armed protection. Now why would he do that?

The new bill, which will cost American taxpayers millions of dollars, is a re-instatement of a 1965 law which will see presidents protected for life as well as their children up to age 16.

The irony of Obama seeking to surround himself with armed men for the rest of his life while simultaneously working to disarm the American people via a gun control agenda that is likely to be enforced via executive decree represents the height of hypocrisy.

But it’s not the first time that Obama has lauded the notion of responsible Americans using firearms to protect himself and his family while concurrently eviscerating that very same right for the American people.

During an ABC Nightline interview broadcast on December 26 yet recorded before the Sandy Hook shooting, Obama said one of the benefits of his re-election was the ability “to have men with guns around at all times,†in order to protect his daughters.

In addition, the school attended by Obama’s daughters in Washington D.C. has no less than 11 armed security guards on duty at all times, yet the idea of arming teachers and school officials to prevent school massacres has been dismissed by gun control advocates who want school campuses to remain “gun free zones†where victims are disarmed and shooters are free to carry out their rampage unimpeded.

The hypocrisy of gun control advocates who feverishly work to create victim disarmament yet surround themselves with armed men is rampant amongst the political class.

As we reported last month, despite in the same year calling for “Mr. and Mrs. America†to “turn in†their guns California Senator Dianne Feinstein, author of a draconian bill set to be introduced later this month that would treat gun owners like sex offenders, admitted to carrying a concealed weapon for her own protection after she was threatened by a terrorist group.

Other prominent gun control advocates such as Mayor Michael Bloomberg have also aggressively pushed to disarm Americans while themselves employing armed bodyguards at all times.

Michael Moore, another vehement proponent for gun control, also has armed bodyguards, one of whom was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon at New York’s JFK airport back in 2005.

A White House petition created at the end of last month calls for making the White House and all federal buildings gun free zones. “If the government believes gun free zones are a solution for citizens, the same standard should apply to government servants and employees,†states the petition, which currently has over 12,000 signatures. source – InfoWars

Do you want a President making decisions with the though in the back of his head that he might be targeted by a group like say, Al Quaida after his term ends, I don't. Every Pres should get life time protection.

I agree, even the crappy prez's should get guards for life. After all the decisions each one of them has to make, they will def have some people that want to kill them.

He can have all the security he wants forever, but if his life is worth protecting with armed guards, the mine is worth protecting with my own firearms. If not, then we need to assign worth to each and every human life and allow them arms and security accordingly, bet that won't make people mad.

Who's life is worth more, a president, a garbage man, a child?

I don't see a problem with it really, I guess I should do some catching up on things, I thought all presidents already had this.

Don't disagree at all

He can have all the security he wants forever, but if his life is worth protecting with armed guards, the mine is worth protecting with my own firearms. If not, then we need to assign worth to each and every human life and allow them arms and security accordingly, bet that won't make people mad.

Who's life is worth more, a president, a garbage man, a child?

I dont agree, once the job is over, thanks for coming dont let the door hit ya. No more secret service or healthcare.

Health Care and pension, agree. Protection , these guys need to do whats best in our foreign dealings, that cant be done with the future threat hanging in back of their mind. Even Obama. Congress and the rest of them should also be forced to live by same standards and with the same programs they saddled us with.

Health Care and pension, agree. Protection , these guys need to do whats best in our foreign dealings, that cant be done with the future threat hanging in back of their mind. Even Obama. Congress and the rest of them should also be forced to live by same standards and with the same programs they saddled us with.

100% sir. The double standards are gettin old.

protection, eh ok but I'm not entirely sure that the president needs only worry about foreign interests looking to end his security detail early. As for the double standards, yeah dont get me started but if these programs they are pushing out are so good for the country, why would they specifically write into the laws that they are not required to participate in them :dunno: Makes you wonder, do they think they are too good for it or is it just such crap that they dont want to be saddled with it :whistle:

And Congress.... did anyone catch the news tonight? They have a 10% in one poll and 14% in another for approval ratings. This was the entire Congress!!! 10-14% (with the standard +/- 2-3% variation of course) of the citizens polled think the entire Congress is doing a good job!!! Makes one wonder what they are doing and honestly if these ratings ever were this low for a Congressional class. All I can do is :banghead::banghead: because no matter how much you try to find good people to take the roles, they either turn to crap (as if DC has some magic ju ju that instantly corrupts folks) or they get overrun in the election by folks that are there and havent done a damn thing.

protection, eh ok but I'm not entirely sure that the president needs only worry about foreign interests looking to end his security detail early. As for the double standards, yeah dont get me started but if these programs they are pushing out are so good for the country, why would they specifically write into the laws that they are not required to participate in them :dunno: Makes you wonder, do they think they are too good for it or is it just such crap that they dont want to be saddled with it :whistle:

And Congress.... did anyone catch the news tonight? They have a 10% in one poll and 14% in another for approval ratings. This was the entire Congress!!! 10-14% (with the standard +/- 2-3% variation of course) of the citizens polled think the entire Congress is doing a good job!!! Makes one wonder what they are doing and honestly if these ratings ever were this low for a Congressional class. All I can do is :banghead::banghead: because no matter how much you try to find good people to take the roles, they either turn to crap (as if DC has some magic ju ju that instantly corrupts folks) or they get overrun in the election by folks that are there and havent done a damn thing.

I have no doubt of the approval rating, I just wish it mattered. Nobody's happy with em, yet they're still there makin it worse, awesome. :banghead:

I don't think anyone is complaining about the protection, I think it's the hyprocisy of denying the right to the same protections guaranteed under the 2nd Amendment to the rest of us.

Lord knows, if he didn't get the protection, he might even have to consider buying a gun to protect HIS family....:whistle:

Isn't it the same with healthcare doled out for the masses? They don't have to have the same...

Our gov't wheel is very much "Do as I say, not as I do" and all that does is add to the firm belief many have - the Prez, Congress, all of 'em have ZERO clue of what it's like for the every day citizen. This goes for dems and repubs BTW, so I'm not hating on any one side. They sit around and pass laws that most of 'em never even have to live with themselves. This is nothing new, and it goes way beyond gun control...

I think cops should lifetime protection after they retire.... just sayn.:laugh: but cmon he is POTUS and if we cant offer our highest elected official protection after he retires then shame on us.

this isnt the 1950's. times have changed and our policies need to change with them. im not a fan of Obama at all but he is POTUS and guns and murder are an every day problem in our country these days.

and the fact is he is black and we have quite a few evil racist people in this world that would love to take claim that THEY killed our first black president. sad but true unfortunately.

Back