help

OB_TimBo

Registered
I am a 16 year old male and i'm going to be buying a Hayabusa this month and I am trying to get an idea on how much insurance I am going to have to pay a year, can anyone help me with this info?

Please tell us who the dealer/salesman is who sells you the bike, He will be able to help you the most cause I dont think many others can. Really the salesperson should be able to hook you up.He also probably sells life insurance as well - Term Life is the best deal. If you combine both policies insurance companies often offer huge discounts. Most of us on this site are to old to take advantage of these combo plans, as we are too old to buy the life portion of the insurance cheaply
since we are getting along in our years. These type of combo plans are usually hidden from the consumer, be forceful with the salesman and Tell him you want the Life/Liability Combo Policy. Probable cost as the combo plan $600 a year with a 4month layover period. If the salesman won't sell the plan to you go to one who will. Be forceful and get what you want!

Ah come on Porky, I just want to hear who is so irresponsible to sell a Hayabusa to a Minor. It is illegal to sell tobacco to a minor because they could kill themselves smokeing. What do you think about a Suzuki Dealership selling a Hayabusa to a sixteen yearold IRRESPONSIBLE in my book and GREEDY.
There is a higher chance of getting killed on the Hayabusa than dieng of lung cancer. One is legal and the other is not. I am not promoting goverment control but I am saying anybody selling that kind of bike to a Kid is just greedy. Now don't and try to tell me about the Hayden brothers and raceing it is still a differant arena Road riding and road racing.

I agree with you Kawabuser. In Virginia here you have to be 18 before you can get a motorcycle licsense. I don't know what they are doing where Timbo is from. Most kids at 16 can't even drive a car let alone a motorcycle. I am not only scared for those kids but also for myself knowing they are on the road. I just hope everday they get out of my way.

Before you buy you better get a quote you can afford. Because at 16 the insurance man isn't going to cut you any breaks. I hope you have lots of money. I have heard many people around here that can't buy the Busa because they can't get insurance or they are being charged over $2000 a year. No that's not a typo. That's the price you have to pay for being young and buying big boy toys.

Timbo, if you're serious about getting the 'Busa, do yourself a huge favor. Go through the MSF course, buy a smaller, friendlier bike, learn to ride, then go through the advanced MSF course, ride some more, then move up to a larger bike, ride some more and then maybe you'll be ready to ride your new 'Busa. I'd hate to see someone so young get killed their first time out.

Timbo you are a nut-case (as I was at 16). We need you around, and for along time, please don't buy this bike (or even the slightly slower, ZX-11, R1 and Blackbird).

Start with a GSXR600 AFTER a rider course PLUS go to race school at your local track. In a couple of years step up to the litre bikes and we''ll all have fun, alive.
Take care. Malcolm

Back