Help With Turbo Engine Rebuild

Billet Output shaft with aircraft steel sprokets front and back. 275cc injectors at least. Best would be 320cc. Good modified fuel rail.

Don't let a mechanic that only works on N/a bikes tune it. They often seem to want to set the a/f way too lean. No leaner than 11.5 on boost. Don't let anybody talk you into shaving the head, there's no room. Stick with standard bore. If you're aiming at 300 hp or less don't bother with dual intake cams. If Johnny Cheese is close enough to get to then take it to him and avoid a third round all toghether that I could have purchased a stage two AND had it shipped and had it installed and tuned. In short, if it ain't a real live turbo pro don't let them touch your bike. Good luck, keep us posted.

More to follow on this wanna be turbo busa. I am going forward with the overhaul. Awaiting the cylinders to get back from LA Sleeve. They have had the cylinder and istons since October 27th. I hope they get it right. I do not want to have to wait until Jaunuary to ride again. Hopefully, I can be getting it fine tuned by then. Headed to east Texas, I hope, to get it done right!!

I don't see how you guys get away with that in texas. My bike doesn't overheat as long as its 70 or below....anything higher and it will start to creep past the half mark if you stop anywhere. Soon as I put the second fan on it solved all that though
the key here is temp control.. that gauge up top? means very little... the thermostat is in charge here... if the fan made your motor run cooler? you got something else going south.. (here comes the flames)

a turbo motor at idle "might" make a little more radiant heat for the motor to deal with but the thing is still at idle.. why would it overheat with a turbo installed? at anything over probably 15mph? fans are pretty useless anyway...

All that matters is that the fan cycles off and on.. the only real good dual fans might provide? shorter cycle period if everything is working as it should..

if the stock fan/radiator wont cool the bike at idle? you have other issues.. (bad circulation/plugged radiator/ plugged fins, extreme lean mixture, low idle, bad t-stat, air lock, etc)

More to follow on this wanna be turbo busa. I am going forward with the overhaul. Awaiting the cylinders to get back from LA Sleeve. They have had the cylinder and istons since October 27th. I hope they get it right. I do not want to have to wait until Jaunuary to ride again. Hopefully, I can be getting it fine tuned by then. Headed to east Texas, I hope, to get it done right!!

Good deal.... sort of like All State... you will be in good hands :)

Back