Help with airbox re-install

BusaPops

Registered
Just pulled the airbox off to change the plugs. Having a heck of a time getting it to seat back on the throttle tubes properly. Doesn't seem to want to go down far enough. Goes on one side then off on the other - etc. Any tips?

I just did the airbox mod yesterday and mine went back on easy. I backed off both screws and separated the clamps with a screwdriver a bit before putting back on. I also thinly rubbed some oil around the contact points on both the airbox and the throttle body intake tubes. I do not know if it is the right way but it worked for me.

I thought since rubber as I know it is made from oil or at least petroleum products that a thin layer of oil would not hurt anything too much. I could be wrong though. I have no basis for my findings beyond that really.

make sure those little screws on the sides at the base are all the way loose... had the same issue a couple months back after changing the spark plugs

Yep - I used some Astro Glide and loosened the screws right off - slipped right on first time!

Thanks for all the help folks...

Back