Help! Smudges on underside of console!!!!

Rocker_on_Rocket

Registered
Hi Everyone!
Please help me! Don't know how the hell it got there. I have dirt or smudge marks of some type under the clear plastic of my MPH guage, gas guage and rpm guage. I thought it was dirt on the surface after a repair but when I wiped it, I find that it is on the underside! I never went near it doing repairs! I don't know how this happenned!
Is there an easy way to get under the clear plastic to wipe it clean without having to disassemble the whole instrument panel? Anyone have some type of instructions?
God Bless, take care and thanks in advance for any help.

Looks like all I have to do is remove a few screws and voila, the top of the panel comes off! Man that looks like a breeze!!! Thanks NickSully!!

Gen I is very easy to get too, Not sure about Gen II

Gen I Be sure when you go to pull out the cluster you pull straight out, You dont want to break those tabs.

Last edited:
No, no, no, no, no!
DO NOT TAKE THE GAUGES APART!
You do not need to open them to fix this.

Just put a spike on top of each smudge using some double-sided foam tape.

Smudges gone.

New spikes installed.

Misty happy. :beerchug:

No, no, no, no, no!
DO NOT TAKE THE GAUGES APART!
You do not need to open them to fix this.

Just put a spike on top of each smudge using some double-sided foam tape.

Smudges gone.

New spikes installed.

Misty happy. :beerchug:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funny Chit

Do not use ANY chemicals cleaning the inside...

The inside is coated with something to resist fogging of the lens. Chemicals can ruin that coating, either by removing it or causing it to cloud up...and then you're replacing it...

Hi Everyone!
Please help me! Don't know how the hell it got there. I have dirt or smudge marks of some type under the clear plastic of my MPH guage, gas guage and rpm guage. I thought it was dirt on the surface after a repair but when I wiped it, I find that it is on the underside! I never went near it doing repairs! I don't know how this happenned!
Is there an easy way to get under the clear plastic to wipe it clean without having to disassemble the whole instrument panel? Anyone have some type of instructions?
God Bless, take care and thanks in advance for any help.
Somebodies been pressure-washing their bike and gauges :laugh:

Back