******Guage cluster wiring help*****

Nicky Fre$H

Registered
:banghead:heres my problem...the male end of the wiring harness that houses 15 wires to connect to the guage cluster is shattered...i need the order of which they go into the female end on the guage cluster so i can custom maker my own adapter...the stock plastic one was shattered in the accident

i went to a couple dealers and not one guy will let me look at it...im really frustrated and im kinda baffled that these ppl dont want to help especially cuz im willing to order a lot of my other **** through their company like gear that i need to get and a couple other small parts here and there...let me know and thanks again for ur help

if you are looking at the back of the clip im trying to draw a diagram like this and fill it

each "_" represents a bay for each wire there are 8 bays on top and 8 on the bottom... the "0" represents where the clip is on the top of the plastic houing just for reference purposes...

_ _ _ _ 0 _ _ _ _
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

lemme know if this is too confusing of if u understand what im talking about
im also looking at this from a rear view...so each wire goes into each bay looking at the back of the plastic male connector that fits on the guage cluster

thanks to all that respond and help

after i get this attached i can ride it...but till then it has to taunt me in the garage...im literally gonna kill myself im so frustrated with this

if you look at the wirring diagram in the manual (which can be found for free online) it'll answer all your questions.

if you look at the wirring diagram in the manual (which can be found for free online) it'll answer all your questions.

i did that dance...it shows what every wire does...but it does not show which bay each wire goes into on the plastic connector...nor does it show the correct order of what goes where...

it shows what color wire goes to what color wire. Since you're going to connect these without using the OE connector you should be good to go. If I were at home I could check the color to pin locations but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that before I get home. :beerchug:

From memory there's three wires. Are we talking about the same connector ?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the connector that goes right into the back housing of the gauge cluster. There's 15 wires going into it.

You need to find someone that parting out a wreck, to get the plug you need!

They are not fun to find! Try motorcycle junkyards!

stuff 022 (Small).jpg

stuff 023 (Small).jpg

stuff 024 (Small).jpg

Suzuki Does Not sell any connecters!
They wiil tell you to repalce the harness!

Back