Help Save My Busa.... (and my wrists) - - Tendinitis Suggestions?

@Schism, right HeliBars are on my list :beerchug:

@dadofthree - a tank bag full of pillows so I can just lay down on it lol :race:

Heli-Bars help a lot,have had them on all 3 of my Busas.:thumbsup:

Heli on the left and stock on the right for comparison;

4-23-2013Heli-Bars002_zps374f8926.jpg

4-23-2013Heli-Bars002_zps374f8926.jpg

You have to keep your weight off your hands and stay loose in the arms and shoulders while you ride. Core-building workouts will make a huge difference, especially back muscle workouts.

--Wag--

Like others have said, throttle meister and core workouts to keep weight off your hands.

You will like the heli bars, they are a big improvement over stock.

You should look into Stompgrip or similar for the sides of the tank. I have been on Supersport 600's for years and the posture is pretty extreme. These give your legs more grip on the bike and thus way less pressure on the handlebars.

More of a track tool but it really works on the street.

could you run an ATV style thumb throttle instead, save your wrist from flexing at all.
then you could ride with a ridgid brace. it's not ideal but it might help.

stompgrip, i'll add that to the list.

@piratediverjefff - thanks for the pic - i'm ordering the helibars soon here. that and the risers should do the trick.

as stated, i do a fair amount of core exercises, and have good body position, ride on the balls of my feet, minimize the weight on my hands, etc

thanks, all.

stompgrip, i'll add that to the list.

@piratediverjefff - thanks for the pic - i'm ordering the helibars soon here. that and the risers should do the trick.

as stated, i do a fair amount of core exercises, and have good body position, ride on the balls of my feet, minimize the weight on my hands, etc

thanks, all.

More than welcome bro.:beerchug:

I also recently added some TechSpec Gripster pads to my tank for a little added grip,though more for looks/added texture to break up the glossy black...i use my 260 lb. gut against the tank to help take strain off of my wrists.:laugh:

011_zps66a61008.jpg

005_zps41f78d5c.jpg

(you can also peel them off/reuse them several times should you want to move them around,etc.)

011_zps66a61008.jpg

005_zps41f78d5c.jpg

Not sure if anyone mentioned it cbf looking haha i suffer from sore everything, paddle yep helps, im going to try home made cruise control. The "choke" only activates the throttle as in no other form of change to the enrichment is done other than what happens as if you raised the idle by the screw. Only its left handle bar mounted thumb operated cruise control or "throttle lock". Factory setting in top i can cruise exactly 50kph in top with the choke fully on. If i were to adjust that at the throttle body im sure motorway cruising speed is achievable. Gives that right hand that well deserved break when needed lol

Traded my gen2 for a BKing because of comfort.
The gen2 Busa was just too uncomfortable for me anymore, even after .75" risers and heli-bars, and later the Spiegler bar conversion.
I had the Busa for 3 1/2 years, and couldn't deal with it any longer. The Bking was excellent.
I really like the looks of the M109, but I'de take the Bking over it any day. It's apples to oranges.
The Busa is, well a Busa. The M109 is a cruiser. And the Bking feels like a big heavy dirtbike with a Busa engine...and it's comfortable!
No back, leg, or wrist pain!
I sold my Bking a couple months ago and am debating what to buy next(maybe another).
The length of the Busa's gas tank causes a more forward lean than most 1000's.
As much as I've always liked riding Busa's, they just seem like they were designed for someone whose arms are twice as long as their legs. It's a high speed tuck, railing curves, or just awkward for cruising, but that's just me.
And a 1000 with dirtbike bars feels like a Bking...minus 150lbs or so!
Likely the next thing I get.

Sixpack, how tall are you? Just curious.. Aside from the tendinitis, I find the Busa comfortable. I'm 6'5" and the reach is pretty comfortable and close, weight distribution and ergo's. My old GSXR 1000 felt (size-wise) like I was riding a 125 or something. I felt like I swallowed it up- comfortable, but small. Busa feels like it fits me.

I considered the B King too... still holding on to the Busa for now... not finished yet!

So, updating....

* I've now got New Image seats, which are chopped 1.5"
* Installed steel front lines for less brake squeeze (needed those anyway)
* Installed Grip Puppies over my Oxford heated grips- using my grade school mathematics, these add approximately 1.9" to the circumference of my grips, which feels so much better
* Stomp Grip
* Dremeled down the little 'nub' on the brake master cylinder that limited the direction of the brake lines, so now I can 'drop' the lever down/forward more, making less of a stretch on the index finger, and more natural position, in line with my arm. Since I'm tall, my arms' approach angle on the bars is high, so that's a huge help. I had done it before, and do it to all my bikes, but i took it a step further now

Already had:
* 1" risers
* That throttle paddle thingy

So since we're covered in snow and salt/chem, I've been in no rush. I bought all the goodies a few weeks ago, and just taking my time putting them on. Have yet to try out any of the new stuff, but it does seem to make a very notable difference, even just in sitting on it in the garage. If by chance all of this stuff doesn't do the trick, I've got one more thing to try - HeliBars. We shall see..

:drink:

I had two faired / stock bars Busa's new 04 and 2nd hand 02,
My old and damaged bones and muscles used to struggle with them on long runs.

The 04 got traded for possibly the 1st B-King registered in AU in 2007
The 02 got a top yoke conversion and Renthals.

I still have them both.

The Busa is the better bike.
B-King is OK if your legs fit and you want a short run thrash bike with great brakes.
Busa has more leg room, is away better for pillions, has a decent fuel range ( King is 16ltr)
Busa is slightly shorter and lighter, doesn't have the fake plastic cans and ridiculous tank pods,
Busa takes a tank bag etc etc etc.

I own and ride the two back to back,
Stick some higher wider bars on a Busa and it beats a King in many ways.

Back