Help Save My Busa.... (and my wrists) - - Tendinitis Suggestions?

Bondo

Registered
Greetings, all. :bowdown:

Question.. I recently got diagnosed with tendinitis :banghead: in my right wrist (of all the &*(%^@#$@# places). Even sitting on the Busa in position in the garage agitates it, so I'm concerned about the upcoming riding season. Don't want to have to get rid of the bike... if I do, I'd probably go M109.

Looking for suggestions as to how to help keep the bike, and minimize pain. Done a lot of searching and most of the things I've found, I've done already, before even being diagnosed. For reference, I'm 6'5", so my approach angle to the bars is kinda steep. Here's what I've done and have planned. Any suggestions welcome....

Currently:
  • I ride with my legs, squeeze the tank, and no death grip on the throttle
  • Tilted levers forward to fall in line with my arms (first thing I do on every bike)
  • Added throttle paddle thingy (helped a lot, not enough)
  • Added 1" bar risers
  • Lowered rear a tad
  • Adjusted brake lever closer to bar

Winter projects:
  • Adding helibars in addition to the bar risers
  • Shaving my seat down a tad
  • Ordered Grip Puppies (being shipped right now)

Again, any other suggestions welcome. :please:

Thanks

Greetings

Here is a youtbe video to help fix tendinitis

I use several of these and they help

BB

Last edited by a moderator:
The handlebar conversion will help bigtime. Though it's not the greatest looking mod out there. Gel grips, lowered rearend, a good seat will aid in a comfortable ride. But, I hate to tell you that if your a big guy like me or even just larger than the norm, that the comfort level of the Busa will never satisfy. I rode Busa's for years and finally had to part with mine.

On a side note... If you want the power of a Busa with handling and much more comfort, look into a B-King. I wasn't a believer until I rode one.

@busabim - Thanks for the link - doing some PT for it already, and will incorporate this.

@Twobrothersbusa - Absolutely, I do some of that now, and it does help a lot.

Thanks, all.

@GMBusa - Yea, I'm 6'5, so the approach angle is steep, hoping that with all the bar, seat and suspension mods, it will be ok. If not, 109 here I come

I think Speigler makes the handle bar kit. It's a little pricey but works better than just a riser kit IMO

Another bike to consider besides the M109R is a HD nightrod.... you can really pump those bikes up performance wise. You can even equip them with a Trask turbo which puts the HP close to a stock Gen1 busa. That would definitely cure you "Need 4 Speed" :whistle:

Throttlemeister and ditch that paddle thingy. And you won't be happy giving up your Busa for a 109R. Ask me how I know :banghead:

Throttle boss is the best way I have found for throttle side . I can ride with my hand laying on the grip for long rides . A throotle mister is a good alternative if you do long trips on the freeway. I'm only 6' but I ride pretty straight up with just my bars up 1" and seat cut .

I added helibars along with 1" risers and it helped a lot. Grip puppies are great but the large diameter made my hands hurt after a long day.....your experience may vary.

@busabret - good to hear that combo works well. i actually need the fatter grip so the GP's should help. My hands are big so regular grips feel like I'm holding Sharpie's.

Hmmmm, Throttle Boss, Throttlemeister.... thanks guys, will check them out.

@1Busa- I really really hope I'm not ready for a Speigler kit yet lol. Somehow I always envision this when I think about those....

forerunner.jpg

forerunner.jpg

Well if you gotta sacrifice a few style points to stay riding on the busa it's better than the alternative...:whistle:

Stomp grips help you keep the weight off your back and wrists. I heard heli bars will bring the reach up and back an inch as well. Just a thought

LQQks like you got it covered. I was gonna suggest cruise control as well. About the only trick I didn't see in your list besides that is a tank bag :poke:

Back