help me out....exhaust opinions...

tbonebusa

Donating Member
Registered
Well, it looks like tedbiele is gonna get my Micron copper slip-ons, because i wanted to go to a full system. But now I've seen a couple bikes with the dual hi-mount setup, and really like the look of that, too. Questions: Anyone running HMF himount duals? How about other himount singles? Do any of the himounts allow you to retain the passenger pegs?

What'cha all think??

The bikes I've seen with HMF highmounts look and sound great. It also looks like you can keep your rear pegs.

If you like the look do it.   I loved my HMF 4-2-1-2  low set up both sound and performance when I used it..  Little more weight very little difference in peformance over 4-2-1.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108155596 -->

I love my HMF exhaust. Personally, I think it is the best looking exhaust for a busa other than a dump pipe. Still retains pass. pegs, is fairly loud(but not too bad). There is a problem with fitment making sure you don't burn your bodywork. If you have any questions ask away or PM.

100_0524.JPG

Will I ned a power commander if I go with the dual setup? I'm guessing either Motorhead or Johnnycheese would be the guys to get this stuff from.

I would run with yoshimura or akrapovic if it were me choosing. Yoshi and suzuki go together like bullets and guns and akrapovics kick ass to. I wouldn't worry about the looks as much as performance but a lot of the guys swear by those HMF's on here. I have never heard them in person so I can't really say anything about em. I do know I love yoshi though. My.02

If you like the look do it.   I loved my HMF 4-2-1-2  low set up both sound and performance when I used it..  Little more weight very little difference in peformance over 4-2-1.
NE ... do you have any old pics of your dual low setup. I'm about to do HMF's again and thinking about the dual low setup this time?

Thanks ... Sage

You can custom order them. I got these without the emblems, and powder coated gloss black.

25_May_04_004.jpg

Here is why you want a Powercommander and a custom map.
Stock Busa around 155
HMFs no mapping around 163
With a nice tune almost 170.

Yes I know dynos on different days, yada yada yada. Its 6 HP difference.... Ain't no atmosphereic pressure humidity global warming sunny shiny rainy day gonna make six horsepower.
All I can tell you, is bolt them on, your butt dyno will notice a difference as well as your ears (screaming for plugs lol)

This is exactly why I love these pipes, the look good, sound great, AND make great Horsepower.
Only downside is the extra weight of the dual cans. But hey, if I were worried about weight, I wouldn't be riding a Busa or eating all this fast food....
I found this dyno chart on SH.org btw, don't remember whose bike this graph is from.

HMFdyno1.JPG

Also remember that you can either run the Hi mounts with or without your passenger pegs.

What pipefighter said about them melting plastics is true. I bought some extra heat tape and put it on the inside of my fairings where ever the pipe was going to be close just so I didn't have to worry about it. I would advise anyone installing this system to do the same.

Back