Bolt-ons and slip-ons?

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
What are the differences between bolt-on and slip-on? Also, won't a dual high mount exhaust (like HMF) interfere w/ with a passenger during 2 up riding? The pipes and cans look as if they are dangerously close to where the passengers ankle would be.

Use the search button. This has been covered in another forum.

As far as the HMFs, find a pic of Nitrous Junkies? bike named Carmen.  Wont interfere with passenger.

Here's a pic of NJ's beauty

<!--EDIT|Black Bird Killer
Reason for Edit: "added pic"|1143223768 -->

post_13_63288_HMF.jpg

Bolt ons replace only the mufflers where as slip ons replace the muffler and the midpiping.
So all high mounts for the Busa will be slip-ons because the mandatory replacement of the mid-pipe, correct?

Is it worth it to simply replace the entire exhaust for this and is it something that would be considered a DIY project?

Bolt ons replace only the mufflers where as slip ons replace the muffler and the midpiping.
So all high mounts for the Busa will be slip-ons because the mandatory replacement of the mid-pipe, correct?  

Is it worth it to simply replace the entire exhaust for this and is it something that would be considered a DIY project?
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen slip-ons for the Busa. Either bolt-ons or full system. No expert by any means so I could be wrong

I am pretty sure there are only bolt ons for Busas. Some bikes have pipes that are slipped on, Busa's bolt on. So there really isn't a technical difference between slip-on and bolt on, merely the method of attachment for a particular bike.

Yes it is something you can do yourself. A lot of people here prefer the full systems, which while a lot more work, can still be a DIY project.

If you want looks and sound with a neglible increase in power and a little weight savings, get bolt ons. If you 8-10 more hp and an even better weight reduction then get a full system and a powercommander. There is a significant increase in cost though, considering what you have to get.

Back