Exhaust help

Thrust

Registered
Trying to decide between the HMF Big Bird and the HMF dual high mounts. I want a "loud" pipe but I really like the look of the duals. I hear some people say the duals aren't really that loud but the Big Bird is a screamer. I called HMF today and they do offer a dual high mount version utilizing dual BB mufflers but advised against this combination if I wasn't making big power.

I don't plan on doing any great number of power mods maybe cams at some point but never a big bore kit or the like.

Advice please

Shucks ... I don't know what to tell ya ... I've heard both and the Big Bird has a deeper bass to it's sound, but I went with the duals for the looks. You can't go wrong either way. You've just got to decide which is your highest priority looks or sounds ... though the duals don't sound too shabby either.

Thrust, I am going for the HMF High Mount Duplex 4:2:X:2 BUT I am going with BigBird cans on it...

<!--EDIT|Heavy Metal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093381537 -->

Heavy Metal,

Do you have any or know of any pics? Also, would this be too free flowing for an otherwise stock bike (I'll have a PCIII and probably do the airbox mod).

Thanks!!

Heavy Metal,

Do you have any or know of any pics?  Also, would this be too free flowing for an otherwise stock bike (I'll have a PCIII and probably do the airbox mod).

Thanks!!
No pics, not sure... I am new to this well not new but been awhile since was into it....
I searched read and came to the conclusion that I want an HMF High Mount 4:2:x:2 System with 2 BigBird Cans on it...

Also do the Pair Mod too...

<!--EDIT|Heavy Metal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093390237 -->

hey sage how much did your undertail exhaust cost and is it a full system? thrust you should get the one sage has looks tight as hell

Thrust, I replied to your email with phone number. Give me a call and we can meet up and you can hear how the duals sound.
wink.gif

As soon as I break my 600 mile break-in barrier I'm going to install a new exhaust system (Full).

I really like the wasy the HMF highmount look and sound, and the power seems to be nice too.

However, I'm nervous becuase of the fact that I know 3 people that have the HMF highmounts. Out of the 3, 2 of them have had melted undertails becuase of the heat and placement of the pipes. One of the systems was self-installed and the other was done by a certified suzuki mechanic.
What's to say it won't happen to me?

Well,

I ordered the HMF high mount.....BUT I ordered it with the Big Bird cans in black chrome. Can't wait.....I figure I'll lose a little down low but I'll make up for it up top (either that or I'll go w/ a new front sprocket).

Back