Help, bike not starting

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
I road the bike last night to the grocery store and everything was fine. I pulled the bike out of the garage this morning and used quick detailing spray to wipe the bike down and then I washed the rims with water. I go to pull the bike back into the garage and it won't start.

The kill switch is in the on position, the bike is in neutral, and I can hear the fuel pump cycle like normal. On the gauge cluster the neutral light and oil light are the only lights that stay on. When I push the starter button nothing happens other than the headlight turns off. The starter doesn't even attempt to start turn.

I jumped the plug so I could pull codes and the only thing it shows is c00 which from the service manual that tells me there is no fault code.

I feel like this is something simple but I'm not sure where to look or what to test.

What makes this bad for me is that the busa is my only form of transportation for the next two months.

Hold the clutch.

Check the plug on the clutch lever sensor also to see if it came loose...

Otherwise, I would put the kickstand up in case the tranny is between gears and not really in neutral (though lights indicate it is)...

Hey, ya'llz...just got off the phone w/Nick.

I think we've got 'im dialed.

:beerchug:

Yes do tell you big tease or is this something you and Scar are going to bring to market and charge us fitty fo' ?

Do tell...:deadhorse:

It had to do with an after-market clutch-lever switch. :whistle:

Please, everyone...keep moving.

There's nothing to see here...:rofl:

Sure no blood or gore. No Nekidity ?
John Dillinger didnt just get shot ? (Public Enemies, good flick saw it last night)..

Bummer..

Well theres always cold showers...:laugh:

:laugh:

Yes switching back to my OEM clutch lever fixed the problem. Couldn't get the problem fixed by adjusting the actual switch on the clutch.

I'm not saying that it's the fault of the aftermarket lever either. It did work for two or three weeks without issue and I just did adjust the whole clutch lever assembly down a little to make the pull easier for me a couple days ago.

I plan on tomorrow breaking out my multimeter and getting some readings with OEM clutch lever and aftermarket clutch lever to help narrow down the problem. This could be the warning sign that my clutch switch is going too. :dunno:

Thanks again to everyone that posted trying to help. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back