Installed new clutch and mod....problems

damn. I think Justin got his hub welded for next to nothing. $500 for a clutch cushion and a billet hub is quite a departure from his original goal. Also, spending money on parts and shotgunning the problem doesn't fix anything.

I ran a stock clutch with spring spacers on factory springs and took my daily rider bike to a 9.19. I doubt justin needs much more than that, to be perfectly honest.

I looked into the brock's set-up, but when I got a welded hub and 3 springs for $30, I forgot all about the brock's deal.

The bike is a street bike first and a race bike second. Everything I've done to the bike has been thought out in that order and you couldn't be more right about not needing more than what I have.

did you get this figured out?

Whooops. Yeah, we tore it back apart, poked at some stuff, re-installed everything and it was good to go. I have no idea what we did wrong the first time, but something was definitely off. Thanks for everyone that threw out the pointers.

I wish I knew what you fixed. I have the same issue. Have had it for a year now. Even when the clutch is worn out and the pack is short it still drags. New clutch, still drags.

I wish I knew what you fixed. I have the same issue. Have had it for a year now. Even when the clutch is worn out and the pack is short it still drags. New clutch, still drags.

I'm pretty sure those 3 wedges in the inside of that hub werent sitting correctly

make sure everything is seated in correctly.. and that the center is pushed in good as you button everything (the rod that moves out in the center) had the same thing happen but i noticed it before i buttoned everything up. just wasnt quite seating in right.

Back