09 gauge problems

rockethead

Registered
hey guys, I was riding on the highway and my gauges stopped working.:banghead: when I pulled over I see only the headlight is working. no brake light/parking light or turn signals. I turned the bike off, started it back up. again only headlight working. I was able to ride it home. once at the house I shut the bike off, turned the key on and off a couple times, still only headlight. i let bike sit for couple minutes while i pondered this dilemma. i then turned the key again and no headlight now either. won't start now. i am going to check all fuses tomorrow. any thoughts before i tear into it? thanks

realizing there had gotta be a reason (if its a fuse) a fuse blew, i got a flashlight and looked at the license plate light wires (runs under tail) and see that they are ground down to bare wire but not frayed or disconnected. could this extra heat from the tire rubbing cause a fuse to blow? *when gauges went out i was getting on the highway and was hammering on it pretty good, with a 100lb passenger. until now the ride height seemed suitable.

I wouldn't think the heat would cause the fuse to blow. Maybe a wire got pulled or shorted and possible fuse to blow. I'd say check all connections and fuses.

fuse related problems..happened to me on my 09 when I installed an alarm. The next day I uninstalled it.

Check fuzes, electrical connector on the back of the gauges and fix those wires. Sometimes just disconnecting and connecting the connector fixes things.

Bare wires could touch and blow out the fuses.

that's exactly what happened BA, when I hammered on the throttle the rear squatted and ground those license plate wires bare and poof, no gauges. blew two fuses, got em swapped out and problem solved. a side note.. boy o boy Suzuki made taking the bodywork off a real chore lol.

thanks for all the feedback

Back