Helmet...

Do you have a pick of the Simpson you can put up, is it a the Vader with the slits??? Are you going to sell it and if you are what size is it:laugh:

Now sure about selling it yet? I will see what I can find by spring. Dont know where you are at, but here it is -27 below right now ???

I guess it is rather "vaderish" now that you mention it. lol. It is the classic stock car kind of helmet. It does have the slits though I have the covered with electrical tape as they wistle like a *(&%$% when I am riding.

I am very familiar with HJC as some have mentioned. I used to snowmobile a TON and have a nice HJC for that. It did seem to fit well so perhaps I will go with another... Though I would like tot try a shoei as alot of ppl seem to like them. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Try on lots and lots of helmets.

If it feels snug shake your head right and left really hard. If it only shifts a little, it's not too big.
I got advice from many seasoned riders before I got that input from Pranav at Bombay Motorsports in Van Nuys, CA.

As for Arai vs Shoei, I don't know how you are going to know what shape your head is.
I see no need to spend $400 right away, a dot or snell rated full face helmet can be had for under $100 of you look around a bit. Mine is an HJC that I got from newenough for under $50.

Contact the board sponsors to see what they have to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try on lots and lots of helmets.

If it feels snug shake your head right and left really hard. If it only shifts a little, it's not too big.
I got advice from many seasoned riders before I got that input from Pranav at Bombay Motorsports in Van Nuys, CA.

As for Arai vs Shoei, I don't know how you are going to know what shape your head is.
I see no need to spend $400 right away, a dot or snell rated full face helmet can be had for under $100 of you look around a bit. Mine is an HJC that I got from newenough for under $50.

Contact the board sponsors to see what they have to offer.
+100:thumbsup:

Just got a Shoei X-11, light weight 3.2 # & great airflow. Cost about $750.
I have used AGV for the past 15 years.

Try on everything & get what feels best.

I bought an ICON Mainframe that is Dot and Snell approved. Very good price pint and fits great. Good helmet for the money. I also have two Troy Lee Shoei's and an HJC.

+ 1 on going for size before brand! What fits me will certainly not necessarily fit you or the next person. Webbikeworld has some interesting articles and reviews on helmets and head shape FYI

I have 2 Shoei X11s and a Sparxx. Have also had a KBC and an RF-1000. You dont have to spend mega bucks on a helmet, but remember that the vast majority of motorcycle fatalities are due to head injuries, so be sure to get a good one.

As you can see by this recent picture, size is definitely important when it comes to helmet fitment. I was considering switching from Shoei to Arai but couldnt get the right fit . . .
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DSC00735.JPG

My self i like Arai, i have had HJC, Icon, and Shoei and Arai seems to fit me best. Just my 2 cents. And :welcome:

Arai, Bell and Shoei all tend to fit oval heads.. (only lids I have ever owned)

Roundy? Soumy is top notch and ultra light.. I bought one on a long deal to find out it did not fit my skull... sure was nice however..

+ 1 on going for size before brand! What fits me will certainly not necessarily fit you or the next person. Webbikeworld has some interesting articles and reviews on helmets and head shape FYI

I have 2 Shoei X11s and a Sparxx. Have also had a KBC and an RF-1000. You dont have to spend mega bucks on a helmet, but remember that the vast majority of motorcycle fatalities are due to head injuries, so be sure to get a good one.

As you can see by this recent picture, size is definitely important when it comes to helmet fitment. I was considering switching from Shoei to Arai but couldnt get the right fit . . .
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Love the lid.. :rofl:

I had a Nolan Modular helmet and it fit and felt good. I now have a scorpian EXO-400 it is a great helmet. It flows well and the anti fog shields are a nice addition to helmet that only cost $149.

Back