Helmet Strap Failure??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have a Super Bandit, and the strap that holds the 2 rings has come loose. Scared me white as a ghost, if this would have come off in accident it could have cost me my life.

Fortunately it happened when I put it on.

I assume Simpson will exchange the helmet with a new one.

Has this happened to anybody? If so, what did they do about it?

Seriously? I would completely 86 Simpson altogether. Aim for a Shoei, Arai, Soumy, or another Top Shelf Motorcycle helmet. These companies are so far ahead of both Bell and Simpson that it isn't funny. From A quality/comfort standpoint you will be better off. Leave the Bell and Simpson helmets for the cage... My .02.

That is seriously scary though. I would have sh!t myself, the "What If's" involved are pretty damned spooky...

Yeah, If they fail just pulling them on.
Why would they hold up in a crash?

yeah a kid that lives close to my parents flew off a curve this last weekend.  He was going WAAAY to fast and he hit a tree.

He had a helmet on, still broke his neck and his back in a couple places.  Don't know if he is going to be paralyzed for the rest of his life.

Imagine if his helmet would have flew off just before impact... he wouldn't be in the hospital thats for sure.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081792003 -->

Seriously?  I would completely 86 Simpson altogether.  Aim for a Shoei, Arai, Soumy, or another Top Shelf Motorcycle helmet.  These companies are so far ahead of both Bell and Simpson that it isn't funny.  From A quality/comfort standpoint you will be better off.  Leave the Bell and Simpson helmets for the cage...  My .02.

That is seriously scary though.  I would have sh!t myself, the "What If's" involved are pretty damned spooky...
Man please take heed to all this good advice. It will definitely be of great benefit to you in the long run. My words run equal to theirs.

Brian

wow.gif
Shoei

Good news,

Simpson stood behind their product, and replaced my helmet with a brand new one.

P.S. This is an expensive helmet, somebody mentioned you get what you pay for, that's a big reason I bought a Simpson in the first place.

Back