Helmet question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
My new lid came in. It is a Scorpio exo-1000. It is very very tight. So my question. In your opinion how tight is too tight. I am wondering if it will loosen up a bit or should I just send it back for an exchange. I have time to send it back and get the next size up before I go and get the bike the first week of May. Let me know.

Don

It should break in, yes. They say if you open your mouth and can bite your cheeks, its too tight... But I've bought helmets that I could do that in, and after I sweat like a pig in them for a few rides, they are perfect. :whistle:

:beerchug:

:whistle:ok here my 2 cents i think you should be able to slide a finger under the cheek pad and it should be good but on my Scorpio it fit kind of tight to so i toke some of the padding out of the cheek pads :cheerleader:

should be tight enough not to slop around when you shake your head but comfortable at the same time. i like the biting cheek comment but thats a little subjective, would depend on your how fat you are too.

I realize most of you have to wear helmets in your state because it is your state law.
In my state, we don't have helmets laws and I choose not to wear one. When I ride my busa I feel more relaxed and alert, hear better, better field of vision, turn head easier.

You people can flame me all you want but I would bet money that more motorcycle accidents happen with the rider wearing a helmet than without one.

I realize most of you have to wear helmets in your state because it is your state law.
In my state, we don't have helmets laws and I choose not to wear one. When I ride my busa I feel more relaxed and alert, hear better, better field of vision, turn head easier.

You people can flame me all you want but I would bet money that more motorcycle accidents happen with the rider wearing a helmet than without one.

I'm not gonna flame you for not wearing a helmet (its your choice..)
I'm gonna flame you for why the heck even post this here unless you were looking to get flamed? This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how a helmet fits, since obviously you wouldn't know.. :banghead:

86% of all statistics are made up on the spot.....:rofl:

I will admit if cruising the beach, i will go without a helmet for those very reasons. The site is somewhat restricted, but i'll take my chances wearing it over 35mph.

of course there will be more accidents w/ helmets than without because the majority of riders wear proper gear like a helmet. and I say I can see/ hear/ am just as alert in a helmet as you are without. actually i am more alert because I am not distracted by the wind blasting on my face and bugs up my nose. there may be more motorcycle accidents involving riders who are wearing a helmet, but i would bet there were more fatalities involving riders who didn't have a helmet on. some people's thinking:cookoo:

AZ doesn't have a helmet law either but i still ware one. i choose to still be here for my family when some putz knocks me off my bike.

I think I got it, here goes "when I wreck my busa I'm not feeling very relaxed plus I'm very dazed and confused,can't hear nothing but screeching tires and banging n clanging,can't see a damn thing but the sky and ground over and over again and last but not least I cannot wait to get this full body cast off so I can move my damn head again!:rofl::poke::lol::cheerleader:

:rofl:... anyway. don't most helmets come with a few sets of different size cheek pads? my shoie did. i was actually thinking about getting a new set of cheek pads cause mine are wore down and when I twist the throttle the helmet presses against my face. i may just get a new helmet. wish there was a cycle store around my parts . I hate ordering sh*t online then it doesn't fit...

most have cheek pad sizes you can change, if the forehead/back areas of the helmet are squeezing then its too tight imho.

i heard that too. i heard Icon brand helmets are tight in the forehead. i love the designs but until i can go somewhere and test fit one I won't buy one.

Helmet fit is a pain in the butt. I bought an HJC CL-15 and it was in XL and it was tight, uncomfortably tight. I took it back in for a XXL after about two days. The XXL fit great for about a year. Now it fits on the loose side! Very irritating!

Back