Helmet fit

unkleslapnutz

Donating Member
Registered
Well my lid came today. And right off the bat I love it. I doubt I buy anything else but top end lids again...Big thanks to Josh for the hook up. Anyho...I try it on. And it fits. But isnt tight tight. Is this bad? How tight of a fit should I be looking for so that it fits my head right in 2-3 weeks? Here are some pics.

DSC00893__Medium_.JPG

Very nice lid! I got mine (Barros M) earlier in the week and I'm 100 % please with the fit.. but to answer your question I think your helmet should fit snug NOT tight. Maybe you can wear a skull cap or doo rag with it on ??
If all else fails, see if Josh is willing to exchange the size for you since it is still new.

Good luck brother !!
smile.gif

Looks cool ! If you can push on the chin with a finger or 2 and the lid comes off somewhat easily , not good ......it'll only get looser . A new lid should be real snug on the cheeks .

A new lid should be real snug on the cheeks [/QUOTE]

Almost so it feels like inside your mouth you bite your cheeks.
It will wear in a bit like this and fit nicely after some time.

Thanks guys..The cheeks arent that tight...but the top fits pretty much like a glove. So I belive I am good. If nothing I will order new cheek pads for it later on..

Took a quick spin with it on....man this helmet is so much better than my HJC. Only thing is how does the top vent switch work?

Nice lid! Should fit pretty snug while new. It will go through a break in period and fit better with a little use. Sounds like yours is way too tight, better send it to me so I can break it in for you.
tounge.gif

If when you first put it on you say to yourself, "It fits a little tight", then that is what you want.  When I bought my helmet recently I though for sure I needed an XL based on my measurment...tried on some XL and they were very comfortable but as they wore in they would have been too big.  The L has broken in over the last 3 months and is just about perfect now.  You don't want your helmet sliding around on you when your turning your head at high speeds or even more so in a fall.

In short, if it feels a little loose in some areas get the next smaller size and let your head/sweat break in the padding to mold around your head.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155825454 -->

Well I guess I will call Josh this afternoon then and talk to him about it. I know he said we can exchange them if we want. Thanks again everyone.

Absolutely right o/e.
If you buckle it up tight,and shake your head side to side,the helmet should move with your head.If it doesn't,it's too big.

When I have it on with no buckle and move it it moves my face first before it moves....I am not going to lie it feels pretty good. I cant easily put my finger anywhere around the neck and or the face with the shield up...Maybe I am just paranoid about it and it is the right size for me.

A new helmet should feel "tight". Most people buy their helmets at least one size to big. See if you can exchange it - fit is the only thing that really matters

Most Manufacturers offer thinner or thicker pads to tailor the fit to you. If you bought it at a shop they should(!) do this for you! Nice looking lid btw reminds me a lot of my Kenny Roberts Junior Corsair

Back