Pics of new lid.

Nice Lid.
Looking to get a TZ-R model / TC-5 pattern from them for 240.
Is the stuff real old there ?
Would love to know if the helmet was made 2 years ago or whenever.
I know storage doesn't shorten the life span of a helmet from what I 've read.
I am just more concerned on how and where they where stored and if it was made 4 or 5 years ago.
I would call and ask them. They may have to drop ship it to you from their vendor...at least that's what they did with mine.

I wanted that lid too but it sat high on my head. The bottom of it only came to the bottom of my chin. Not comfortable at all. The sales guy suggested I shave off some of the foam at the top so it could sit lower on my head. I told him "Not if i'm paying $400+ for it"
I just walked away.

I picked up this lid from newenough.com and I love it!  It's a Shoei RF-1000 Joust.

DSC00211.jpg

I think it goes well with the bike (fresh after the grab rail mod)...
DSC00188.jpg

Got a quick question about the helmet...  I ordered it according to Shoei's sizing chart for my melon.  Ordered a large (i was at the low end of large as well) like the chart suggested and it seems pretty tight.  For those of you with a Shoei helmet, did it seem a little tight to you?  Or did I finally buy a helmet that fits like it's suppose to?

Thanks in advance!
Chris
okay...as you posted the size of the "melon" mine have a same problem I'm exactly 60cm which is Large according to the chart, but when I go to dealer to try one? Larges always too tight...Back at the 80's Larges were perfectly fit my melon, right but these days? they put too much forms n sponges to fill it up...and end up too small so, my suggestion is just brake into fit your melon or get the XL for bit roomier fit...I did like that "get XL for summer and L for winter" I got a few bucket...still the large is too tight
argue.gif

ShoeiHelmetChart.jpg

Uncomfortable? If your gonna get a chatterbox or any earphone setup in your x-11, it's gonna give you a massive headache.

FYI, to compensate for that, your gonna have to cut some foam off around the ear piece.

Maybe that's beyond this topic but the more you know, the better.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back