Pics of new lid.

chris40oz77

Donating Member
Registered
I picked up this lid from newenough.com and I love it! It's a Shoei RF-1000 Joust.

DSC00211.jpg

I think it goes well with the bike (fresh after the grab rail mod)...
DSC00188.jpg

Got a quick question about the helmet... I ordered it according to Shoei's sizing chart for my melon. Ordered a large (i was at the low end of large as well) like the chart suggested and it seems pretty tight. For those of you with a Shoei helmet, did it seem a little tight to you? Or did I finally buy a helmet that fits like it's suppose to?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

<!--EDIT|chris40oz77
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141686756 -->

Nice lid Chris! Really sharp Busa, too!

How do you pronounce Shoei? Is it like Shoe I?

Thanks for the replies... It's not as bad as i originally thought. I wore it around the house for an hour or so and I think my other helmet was just too big. I like it
slider1.gif

<!--EDIT|chris40oz77
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141691981 -->

As far as pronunciation goes... I thought it was Sho-e or Show E. If I'm wrong, someone tell me so I won't sound like a complete dumb arse!
biggrin.gif

Looks great with the bike.

Thought it was Shoe E. Ask the Rev, doesn't he have a large collection of lids? Or was it somebody else?

Nice lid! The folks at newenough.com are awesome to deal with. I got a new SHO E helmet from them last week. I got the ZII Static. It felt tight to me too, but after wearing for awhile it feels great. They need to be snug. Can I ask what that helmet cost?

<!--EDIT|GSXcite
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141692734 -->

here's a pic of my new x-11. went with what size the chart said and fit nice and snug around the head but too tight at the cheek pads so ordered the thinnner cheek pads and PERFECT, nice and snug. dudes, this lid is LIGHT.

IMG_1087.JPG

my rf-1000 was tight around the cheeks, but atfer a few rides fits perfect. your lid Looks good with bike.

I picked up a new RF1000 last summer, and like those that posted already, it was pretty snug at first. In fact, on my first 2 day ride...the first day it got to bothering me mid day.

Now it is perfect. Love it! You will find that it is incredibly stable at speed..your head does not move around. Sweet lid.

I'm glad everyone experienced the same that I did with sizing. My problem is in the cheekpads too. If it doesn't get better with time I may order a couple smaller ones like Smokin_gunz did.

Nice lid! The folks at newenough.com are awesome to deal with. I got a new SHO E helmet from them last week. I got the ZII Static. It felt tight to me too, but after wearing for awhile it feels great. They need to be snug. Can I ask what that helmet cost?
The newenough people are great... I paid 427.xx plus tax... They had it drop shipped to me otherwise I wouldn't have paid anything on shipping (i live 15 minutes from their warehouse).

I picked up this lid from newenough.com and I love it!  It's a Shoei RF-1000 Joust.

DSC00211.jpg

I think it goes well with the bike (fresh after the grab rail mod)...
DSC00188.jpg

Got a quick question about the helmet...  I ordered it according to Shoei's sizing chart for my melon.  Ordered a large (i was at the low end of large as well) like the chart suggested and it seems pretty tight.  For those of you with a Shoei helmet, did it seem a little tight to you?  Or did I finally buy a helmet that fits like it's suppose to?

Thanks in advance!
Chris
great lookin' lid! what did that baby cost?

Nice Lid.
Looking to get a TZ-R model / TC-5 pattern from them for 240.
Is the stuff real old there ?
Would love to know if the helmet was made 2 years ago or whenever.
I know storage doesn't shorten the life span of a helmet from what I 've read.
I am just more concerned on how and where they where stored and if it was made 4 or 5 years ago.

Back