Helmet law in Michigan.

im against helmet and seatbelt laws myself. if its about saving on money on insurance premiums then outlaw cigarettes and alcoholic mixed beverages...:whistle: the injuries sustained from lack of seatbelts and no helmet would not even scratch the surface compared to what those others cost the American public.

I have had the love bug thing happen to me also. I HATE them so much!
Nice pic of the helmet with a nice coating of love bugs. I also love scrubbing my car down to get those things off.
I usually try to park my bike for 2 weeks to let them go away.

MI has lots of BUGS too. :crowbar:

I pay less than $450 on my Busa.

I heard the the MCCA does not apply to motorcycles.

I know that when it first came out it didn't apply to motorcycles (didn't have to pay it) then they changed the law and now motorcycles have to pay but are not covered by it :banghead:

I'll be really surprised for they repeal the helmet law. That would almost be like admitting that they were wrong. :laugh:

Don't like the gov telling me what to do at all, about anything, except maybe the laws regarding not hurting others if they aint hurting you. But I do agree with the Fla gents, other drivers here are stupid, inattentive, or just plain don't know how to drive and will run you over in slow motion without skipping a beat in their conversation on the cell phone. I don't mind the bugs so much, do wish we had some twisty's and hills though.
Other than the driving habits I do love living in this state, can carry a gun, cops are pretty cool compared to other places, people are pretty decent, cost of living not bad, government except Miami is pretty clean, diverse population, I feel freer here than I ever did up north, needs better pizza and bagels though.

DetroitBusa said:
My point exactly. I just quoted progressive for poops and giggles, and their quote was 4500 a year for full coverage. Nuts.

Welcome.to my world :banghead:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I have the opinion that it will however that is conjecture at this moment. I keep thinking about all the brain matter they would be scraping off the asphalt at the Dragon/Cherahola and that's good enough reason for me.

You're missing the positive aspect: Michigan would be relatively free of Harley owners within a twelve month period. Well, some of them would probably survive...but at least they would be in nursing homes and not riding in groups at 30mph in a 60mph zone.

Welcome.to my world :banghead:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Frog you can have your world (NY) back it's to damn cold to ride up here right now. Boy do I miss South Florida, there are no twisty roads but at least I didn't have ice sickles hanging off my helmet and places that can't be named on a family forum.:banghead:

MI has lots of BUGS too. :crowbar:

I pay less than $450 on my Busa.

I heard the the MCCA does not apply to motorcycles.

I know that when it first came out it didn't apply to motorcycles (didn't have to pay it) then they changed the law and now motorcycles have to pay but are not covered by it :banghead:

I'll be really surprised for they repeal the helmet law. That would almost be like admitting that they were wrong. :laugh:

MCCA sure does apply to motorcycles here. When on storage insurance, it is the most expensive part of my insurance. ???

Saying Florida has no helmet law is incorrect. There are age and insurance requirememnts for riding without a helmet.

Besides the AMA site having infomation, here's another. Only two states are 100% helmet free. Enjoy!

50 State Helmet Law Review

Saying Florida has no helmet law is incorrect. There are age and insurance requirememnts for riding without a helmet.

Besides the AMA site having infomation, here's another. Only two states are 100% helmet free. Enjoy!

50 State Helmet Law Review

You are right. I did not even know they had that 10,000 medical insurance on the motorcyle to ride without a helmet.

Which insurance companies offer this type of coverage?
a) Alpha Property and Casualty Insurance - they cover both rider and passenger b) Progressive Insurance Company - they cover both rider and passenger c) Dairyland Insurance

So no State Farm?

Florida Helmet Law FAQ - ABATE Of Florida

You are right. I did not even know they had that 10,000 medical insurance on the motorcyle to ride without a helmet.

Which insurance companies offer this type of coverage?
a) Alpha Property and Casualty Insurance - they cover both rider and passenger b) Progressive Insurance Company - they cover both rider and passenger c) Dairyland Insurance

So no State Farm?

Florida Helmet Law FAQ - ABATE Of Florida

What I discovered was if your medical insurance DOES NOT exclude a motorcycle accident, that was acceptable coverage. Most FL LEOs don't pull anyone over to check unless your doing something goofy! Florida even has a "Under 21" tag.....

What I discovered was if your medical insurance DOES NOT exclude a motorcycle accident, that was acceptable coverage. Most FL LEOs don't pull anyone over to check unless your doing something goofy! Florida even has a "Under 21" tag.....
Totally agee with the not puling anyone over without a helmet. Just called my insurance company to see how much more it would be for medical insurance to be added $450 more a year.

Here in Pa they repealed the helmet law a few years ago, I think it was pressure from riders groups, so I guess it is cool that the gvt listened to the voice of the people. Mostly the sportbike guys wear helmets & mostly the HARLEY guys wear rags. I don't see too many brains on the road except for deer... I don't wear my helmet when I putt around on my lawnmower either.... Once in a while I have the freedom to risk taking the Strom fishing without popping my helmet on & off every stop, the wind in the hair & everything. We get so polarized these days. Good ideas don't need to be made laws all the time, we all have some judgement. I really don't fancy the idea of testing a dew rag in a highside... Call me too chicken to prioritize "cool". I get State Farm on the Busa for like a $ a day :thumbsup: While I keep the points down.

If anything cost should lower due to the tax payer paying all the hospital bills of those injured and alive on life support, who pays for this?? Us the tax payer. No helmet usually leads you a trip in the hospital basement on a covered gurney rather then up in the trauma unit on life support.
It should be stated on your insurance policy, no helmet no medical coverage such as no seat-belt no insurance coverage. Yes you have the right to not wear either life saving device but I dont want to pay for your decision of irresponsibility.

If anything cost should lower due to the tax payer paying all the hospital bills of those injured and alive on life support, who pays for this?? Us the tax payer. No helmet usually leads you a trip in the hospital basement on a covered gurney rather then up in the trauma unit on life support.
It should be stated on your insurance policy, no helmet no medical coverage such as no seat-belt no insurance coverage. Yes you have the right to not wear either life saving device but I dont want to pay for your decision of irresponsibility.

True true to a certain extent. You are already paying for it in insurance. The federal government has their hands in every insurance company out there. So dont be completely snowed and think its just when they end up in the hospital. You pay whether you know it or like it or not.

I live in iowa 100% free to make my own damn choice as it should be. I choose to ride with lid 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time i am in my own damn driveway testing.

Will be interesting to see what the results are in a year or two....

Back