Fl helmet law under review

diesel

Registered
Due to the 80%+ increase in head injuries and related deaths since the helmet law was revoked, the helmet law is under review again. I guess the taxpayers are getting tired of paying for most of the medical costs due to the retards crashing with no helmet not having enough insurance.

Yea.....pretty soon if you live in Fla, you'll have to wear a helmet......

But nothing else!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hate helmet laws . Don't get me wrong , wear mine 98.0% of the time . But the idea of state law-makers telling me what to do on my bike is a little annoying .

Hate helmet laws . Don't get me wrong , wear mine 98.0% of the time . But the idea of state law-makers telling me what to do on my bike is a little annoying .
+1

I wear mine about 99% of the time~ But there are time I will go around the block, after adding or changing something, just to listen for anything that sounds off.. or whatever~ I like having that option without worring about getting ticketed over it~
alien.gif

+2 GJoker around the neighborhood is the only time . And that's just to check out the neighbors wives planting flowers , washing cars , etc. etc.
biggrin.gif

Have to add my .02 here. Florida never did away with the helmet law, they just modified it. The law states that if your under 21 you have to wear a helmet, but if your over 21 you must have $10,000 worth of medical insurance to cover an accident. And you must have that insurance card on your person that states the amount. Most people in Florida just assume there is no helmet law and jump on there bikes and ride. Its a real shocker to them when they get pulled over for something stupid without there helmet on and get a ticket or there bike impounded if there is no helmet with them. Then again why have a helmet on the bike and not wear it? Never understood that one. Guess they are protecting there fairing, if thats the case they should have two helmets strapped to the back, one for each side. One heck of a expensive frame slider...  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|ridercoach
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138061054 -->

I like the option... being on the beach in traffic or just in my housing area... the helmet can be somewhat bothersome.

Hopefully though it has helped to thin out the jackasses that seem to think they own the fuggin road just cause they found a way to scrape enough money together.
mad.gif

of course there is no data that supports what type of bike the majority of these injuries were sustained on.

...or the sales numbers that reflect a 50% rise in sales ....or population growth numbers .... or the fact that FL riders continue to ride strong all year long as opposed to other states.

with more bikes and more people on the road a greater percentage of the time ...where exactly do they think the numbers are going to be?
rock.gif

Hell...if you have a pulse..harley will give you a damn machine to kill yourself on.

to be equally fair...there are more moron cagers on the road that merely compound the issue.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138066019 -->

it's pretty fugged up that you might HAVE to wear a helmet ....but riding shirtless and wearing sandals it OK....where's the friggin logic?

I dont understand the logic that you have to wear a seatbelt when your in a cage, surrounded by steel, but if your on a bike surrounded by nothing you dont have to wear a helmet.
rock.gif

I wear my full face lid all the time cause we have helmet law here but all the harley guys wear useless novelty helmets.so the law really doesnt work anyway

working for a fire dept. i have seen my share of motorcycle related head injuries as well as head injuries from motor vech. wrecks. I feel as though everyone should wear a helmet or a seatbelt when on a roadway, but thats just imo. at the same time I dont think the gov. should be able to dictate what we can do. i know it has OUR best intrests in mind, but we are adults and to each there own. I know there is the whole medical expense side of it but thats another thought.

The only time I ever rode without a helmet was on a trip through Maine, where there were no requirements at the time. I rode for about 5 miles, pulled over and put it back on. It was too cold, too many chances of getting hit in the face by flying cigarette butts, rocks, large bugs, etc., not to mention crashes and head injuries.

There is no good argument for not wearing a helmet for any distance
soapbox.gif

Whats the difference in being told to wear a helmet and be told to wear a seatbelt? Both save lives,both save taxpayers money.

Most accidents happen within 5 miles of home...becareful not to stare to hard at the Milfs washing their cars.

I personally think you should have to wear a helmet when on a motorcycle. Dont b*tch about it. Thank your lawmakers in the future when you still have a face. Im actually surprised that there are adults that would complain about such a law.
Punk kids under the age of 24 that are just riding around to look cool and impress girls...understandable. But seasoned riders...very surprised. No one is invincible.

There is no difference at all . I wear a seat belt in the cage , hell I even have a 5 pt. harness installed .....but both lid and belt use should be left up to the individual . Government has us by the collar in so many aspects , when do we say it's enough ?

Back