Helmet Fit

likeapuma

Registered
Just a quick question about buying a helmet, as all the one's I've had previously have come with the bikes I've bought.

My buddy was going to buy a bike and purchased an Icon Domain 2 to be sent here to get airbrushed (who sends a helmet to get painted in the desert?). Since then, the bike sale has fallen through and he's offering to sell it for $250. It's a Large and fits alot better than an anticipated..the only problem I'm finding is that the cheek pads are really tight. Will they soften/loss the stiffness after some wear in? Would it be better to buy new cheek pieces that are smaller?

It's a pretty good deal for a $350 helmet (I think?) but there's no point in spending the money if it's not 100% comfortable. Just wondering what those with more experience think.

Thanks,
Puma

Chubby cheeks eh?? :laugh: jk....I've found the pads wear in a bit after a couple dozen rides, but if they're really uncomfortable they might need replaced as they only compress so much.

When I first bought my scorpion exo400 I felt like grandma was riding with me pinching my cheeks but after a few weeks, they broke in and now I feel naked in any other helmet. But you could always buy the cheel pads for a size larger, they're usually only a few buck( at least I know thats what scorpion sells them for). That sounds like a fair deal and as long as the helmet itself fits perfect, I wouldnt let "chubby cheeks" spoil the deal.

Awesome, thanks for the help. After reading this I decided to buy the helmet off of him...besides the cheeks it fits great, and even then it wasn't so bad that it hurt..just a little more snug that what would be ideal. Since I'm too lazy to ship it home, I have been wearing it around while watching movies hahaha...get funny looks when people walk by but whatever right? That way when I get home it'll fit perfect for the first ride :laugh:

Awesome, thanks for the help. After reading this I decided to buy the helmet off of him...besides the cheeks it fits great, and even then it wasn't so bad that it hurt..just a little more snug that what would be ideal. Since I'm too lazy to ship it home, I have been wearing it around while watching movies hahaha...get funny looks when people walk by but whatever right? That way when I get home it'll fit perfect for the first ride :laugh:

lol, just dont forget to trade it for your kevlar before you go out on patrol. Not that the kevlar is really anymore bulletproof.....you just dont want to get wrote up for being out of uniform,lol. :beerchug:

Back