Icon and Arai

Does anyone own both an Icon Domain II and Arai RX7? I'm curious about the sizing of the shells. My Icon fits wonderfully as a Large and I'm looking to purchase a RX7. Please don't respond with anything like....why don't you just go try one on. Not too many high end helmet shops in Afghanistan. Thanks for any help

Dunno if this will help you...

I have an 06-era Arai RX-7 in an XL. Measuring my melon, it's 23" around where my field cap would sit. I've got chubby cheeks tho, so a Large felt too smooshed on me. Unless your Air Force, you probably know the size of your grape.

Be safe.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with either. I have been wearing an AGV for a while on the track. I wasn't real impressed with the Arai in the store when I tried them on. They were a lot of money. Cycle shops will say that they ae the best, but I don't know. My AGV has more protection of the jaw and upper neck by design. So I wasn't really dazzled by the Arai stuff. But that is just me.

For you, since things are limited....go with what you can get:-) Stay safe man !!!

The shape of icon and arai are comparable. Could say about the sizing though. They both don't fit my head shape very well.

How are you gonna get your helmet. Mail order or is someone gonna buy it and mail it to you. There should be a size comparison somewhere on the net if arai doesn't have a size chart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well all I can say is go with ARAI, its a whollllleee different class of helmets. (thats if you have the extra cash) best of luck.

Back