Heavy Duty Springs

Ham

Registered
In the past i have had a 07 hayabusa that i purchased with heavy duty clutch springs the only thing that i noticed was clutch lever was stiffer.

Now i have a gen2 is it a must have mod, any positives for a average person who cruises around the city.

I am not a drag racer nor do i plan to become one.

If your just cruising then I wouldn't worry about it. I have three HD springs in mine just because I am a fat a$$ and love to rip it on occasion.

If your just cruising then I wouldn't worry about it. I have three HD springs in mine just because I am a fat a$$ and love to rip it on occasion.
Ok but whats the explanation behind using HD springs.

I can think of no reason to do this if you're not drag racing. It will only potentially cause problems, for absolutely no benefit because you're not racing. (e.g., there are a few other things you should do with HD springs, like a clutch slave support or your clutch slave will eventually leak, lever adjuster, and probably a clutch cushion kit).

i had half of mine replaced with hd springs cause i was at the time doing some drag racing. part of the light weight clutch mod i did. even at that the clutch is a bit of a bear. especially just riding around.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
If you have a gem 2, then clutch mod and benefits of full synthetic oil is a must!

Back