HD Tech, dies while testing Busa

(marlboroman71818 @ May 01 2007,04:48)
(Turbo-Torch @ Apr. 30 2007,22:59)
(marlboroman71818 @ Apr. 30 2007,22:54) so it would never be possible for an experienced rider to run into an immovable object then?
While out on someone elses bike during a "test ride".....no.
then you seriosly need to go to a library, find a dictionary and look up the words possible and impossible. they are different than probable and improbable.
Yeah maybe the throttle cables broke and the return spring failed at the exact same time causing the bike to take off wildy for no reason at all. Then he managed to stay on this bike while it picked up speed and crashed into a wall fast enough to kill him. Probably a 1 in a 100 billion chance of that happening, so you're right...not impossible.

Or he decided to take advantage of the fact that he had access to a customers bike. He then decided to haul ass on that customers bike, which was well beyond his experience level and then crashed it.

Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Guy hopped onto someone else's bike, a bike that was way beyond his riding ability, and he wrecked it. It's a shame, sure, but its also Darwinism at work here.

Would everyone be feeling as sorry for the guy if he stole the bike out of someone's garage, took off on it, and killed himself? I doubt it, but thats essentially what happened here.

if I feel bad for anyone (besides his family) it's the dealership that has to explain to the owner of the bike what happened. I don't feel sorry for the guy who died at ALL. He took the risk (an illegal one at that) and lost. Plain and simple.

Very sad and reason #1 why you shouldn't ride someone else's motorcycle unless you're very familiar with it...

Sounds to me like he cracked the throttle wide open and just panicked, didn't know what to do in the short time/space he had to remedy his course...damn shame...

(rockadaous @ Apr. 30 2007,13:04) it's a shame he paid with his life.  a simple road rash should safice.  Prayers to his family  RIP bro regardless of the act
Yeah +1
Very sad.

Kinda reminds me of the host on Pinks where he got on the sportbike and took off on it - the power wasn't anything to play with. Being used to the slow take off power of his Harley, he wildly dumped it after a few feet, a wonder he didn't crack his skull...............

I agree it is sad he paid w/ his life.

I will still have to side w/ the fact that he took someones elses bike w/out permission. As a HD tech or whatever, he may (or may not) know about the power of the almighty Busa & he paid the ultimate price.

None of us were there to witness whatever did really happen. I am sure someone saw it.

No I don't know how anyone with any riding experience could hit a wall in a parking lot - just my opinion.

I agree w/ Tango1300 there have been too many deaths lately in Houston & here in Dallas, the majority due to self inflicted DUMB AZZ & they are having a large effect on our insurance & Police / public perception of us as riders. I routinely ride w/ 4 police officers.

Here is the back area of Stubbs... This is how much room he had to play with the customer's bike. I took these photos two weeks ago. The service door is shown in the background next to the Harley in the crate.

OL014.jpg

OL015.jpg

bikes01.jpg

David029.jpg

BikiniWash01.jpg

Back