Hayabusas will not corner

The average rider may not be able to "flick" it from side to side as quickly as a 600, 750, or 1000, but IT WILL corner, and it will corner well. An experienced rider can probably flick it all over the place effortlessly.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115882082 -->

Thanks for the comments. I think its mostly "penis envy" too.

Wife and I made a trip last weekend. She was on the busa (of course) on I was on the 750 gix. We passed a Repsol replica on the highway and he caught up to us in the twisties. Its his turf as I've seen him in the area before. I was given er on the 750 and he was keeping with me but could'nt pass. He eventually turned off. I was surprised at how close the wife was behind us and she has'nt ridden the busa that much.
She said the guy on the Repsol was really working - sliding his arse off each side of the seat like he was on the racetrack ... LOL
Oldguy, I thought YOU bought a busa? j/k, It's looking time for a trade from 750 to 1300
biggrin.gif

Countersteering is your friend on a Busa. Just pushing down on the bar, like so many people do, doesn't get you there as well as it does on a 600 or something like that. You have to really turn the bars the opposite of the direction you want to go. It will flick, but you have to mean it.

I love to flick it back and forth, from leaning one way to the other, like I'm trying to warm up the tires or something. Sometimes I'm trying to do just that, but usually I'm just having fun. But I did get a pretty amazed look from a guy on a new R1 a couple weeks ago.

Not that I'm all that skilled at riding it, I suck at judging corner entry speed and nearly always brake more than I have to...

-Chris

Went out with some buddies last weekend to Crystal River area. 2 RC-51's and a GSXR600, then me on my Busa. I usually ride in back, I know the roads, and one of the RC-51's leads , he knows the roads. I did a lot of leading that day, Gobbler road, Ozello road, I couldnt pull away except for the straights, But gave everyone a workout. I have no chicken strips on the rear tire now, and it was 150 miles old when we started. One of my buddies traded bikes with me, (RC-51), He is just a born rider. He took the chicken strips off the front tires on my Busa. I couldnt keep up in the corners with his RC, although I will say I was much faster on his bike. I am amazed at how good my bike handles when he pushed it. He also said I need to get the suspension set to my weight, it didnt like to change lines in a curve, but stuck its own lines and never faultered from them....

ERIC

I made the mistake of letting the wife ride the busa. Now she will NOT ride the little gix. She says its "ropey".
So let that be a warning to those with wives that ride.

I think its mental Because 3 sundays ago I went for my first ride. It was real nice twisty roads and local. I was with a guy on an old 600, and a 2004 1k we were all not pushing it but when I would be in between or ahead I would do fine in the turns etc. But when I wanted to be in the back to let them have fun in the twists and not slow them down. They would go at it faster and a little harder. Watching that thinking I have to keep up made me a little nervous because I was concentrating on keeping up with them, rather than doing my own thing and think how to enter the turn. I am going there until I get the hang of it.

And btw it is intimidating because it has many 15/20mph tight turns and trying to keep up, I ACTUALLY slowed to this speed LOL I just need to do it by myself first, then ride with the group there.

Im my head I too was thinking that it is true the Hayabusa can't turn worth #### in the corners, and thinking I can't do what their bikes can do. But if you think about it, its all mental, its all the rider.

I went to my car dealership a few weeks back on the busa to drop some papers off, and some of the guys there were like "wow, what a sweet bike". Then one of them, acting as if he knew what he was talking about, told another "yeh, but there's basically streamliners... they can't really turn at all". I just looked at him and said, CLEARLY you have never ridden one... then he started to try and argue with me... and I told him, look, this bike's just about the same price as any liter bike... there's a reason I bought this and not a liter bike. Not only can it hang just as well as them in turns, but it will outaccelerate them anyday. The only difference is that the busa IS heavier so you gotta put some muscle behind it when riding twisties... I found that I can work the busa just as well as the liters. It's really mostly up to the rider. I've got the muscle needed to flick the busa around, and the steal nads to go WOT to top it out.
Then he said something about how it was still easier and faster to have a liter on the twisties.... I just looked at him and reminded him that we were in south florida.......... nuff said
cool.gif

mine turns just fine, and if if i had a new pic my chicken strip is even less then this. it turns just fine, but i do believe that i can corner faster with my fz1. but i believe if i was to go up against and average guy on a 600, i would kill him with my busa:;):

bikes_003.jpg

Equal riders the busa will not keep up in the twisty with a GSXR-1000 or any other true 100% sports bike. We are only talking a few seconds. Now if your a better rider than those on the pure sports bike show them something. I ride with groups and I can keep up with the rr's, GSXR and there are times that I can't. There is a guy we ride with from time to time who's on a busa and I have know idea how he rides so much faster than all of us but no one keeps up with him. It's the rider more than the bike guys.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115823173 -->

Nope, straight line missles only.

now if it could only stop as fast as the liters/600's.
rock.gif
sad.gif

5.jpg

Exactly!!! ... It is more the Rider than the Bike ...

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115823360 -->

It's really no harder to turn than my old 93 GSXR 750, and with some practice you can flick her from side to side, I mean full lean to full lean on the other side very quickly in the tight twisty stuff.

Back