Hayabusas will not corner

oldguy

Registered
I'm getting tired of hearing this.

All the smaller bike riders harp on how the busa will not corner. I find it corners quite well.

I'd like to see a good rider on a busa whip some arse in the twisties.

I've found it to be a pretty mindless topic. My BMW1200LT handles and corners much better than my V8 chopper. My old FJR1300 handles/corners much better than the BMW. My 'Busa handles/corners way better than the FJR. What's the point? Then of course enter into the quotient that a really good V8 rider can probably do better on that ride than a $hitty rider on a canyon carving sportbike. No end to this conversation.

I agree, those saying the 'Busa won't corner pretty much have $hit for brains.

Elliot

put a 180 back tyer on her and she will chuck you into corners faster
wink.gif

Some peeps are just hard headed when it comes to there view on big bikes. Just tell them 80% rider and 20% bike. Ive had to lay the smack on a few of this guys thinking they can ride with my bus.

They just can't handle being slower, so they come up with something to bash on the ole Busa with.

someone who can't corner probably does think that it can't I'm like everybody on this site I think my baby does an excellent job in corners.

It's funny you mention this. I just recently moved to Maine and you don't see Hayabusas up here very much. The place I started working at has a couple of riders working here. For the past week I've been hearing , "that's a nice bike and all, but they can't handle for ####", and I ignored it. Just yesterday they ask me if I want to go riding. Now I'm not even close to a great rider, but I can hold my own. Long story short by the time we were done they were in utter shock and it was funny that every time there was a good set of turns I had to slow down for them. All they are talking about today is how shocked they are at how that, "fat pig" of a bike isn't to bad.

I should have expected this though because one of the guys that said it can't handle for #### is also telling me that his RC51 is going to hand me my ass any where down low up to 140MPH in a straigt line race. He hasn't been able to come out and prove it yet but he says he wants to.

One of the guys that said it can't handle for #### is also telling me that his RC51 is going to hand me my ass any where down low up to 140MPH in a straight line race.  He hasn't been able to come out and prove it yet but he says he wants to.
Might want to tell him not to forget his Depends..........

yada...yada...

Twisties and busa good fun!! I taken the bike into leans as fast as 110MPH absolutely no issues... I know the bike can go faster than that into turns, but I'm still not too comfy with sticking half my but cheeck out and scraping my knee
biggrin.gif

I'm a kinda slow dude...
blush.gif

<span style='color:blue'></span>I've heard the same damn thing. One of the guys I work with, who rides a 2002 R1, tried to talk me out of buying my Busa, telling me that it was too heavy ,too bulky, and corners like a tank. One of the reasons I bought the Busa, was because I didn't want to feel like I was on a BMX bike. The Busa is stretched out a bit, which gives it a better ride, and I feel you need the extra weight when you are packing that much horsepower between two wheels. I am not a professional road racer, but I feel the weight of the bike shifts very smoothly as you lean into a corner, coming out of the corner and going right back into a corner. I am sure the Hayabusa is a little more work than the lighter bikes, but that probably only poses a problem with those who weigh a buck fifty and have the chest of a 12 year old boy. For the past 5 years, all I have heard is how great the Hayabusa is. I finally Cowboyed up and purchased one this year & I can say that the Busa lives up to all the Hype. I still have a hard time believing that I own one of the fastest bikes on the planet. Every bike has its limitations, I can honestly say that I don't have the nads to push my Busa near those limitations, but I will have a hell of a lot of fun riding the outskirts.::r{{

of course a Busa can handle, but it simply does not handle as well or as quickly as a literbike or 600. That's not to say it can't handle just as well as them for street/mild track use, but 99% of riders don't have the skill to push any bike up to its limits. if our bike were the equal of literbikes at that level, you would see them on the starting grids.

Thanks for the comments. I think its mostly "penis envy" too.

Wife and I made a trip last weekend. She was on the busa (of course) on I was on the 750 gix. We passed a Repsol replica on the highway and he caught up to us in the twisties. Its his turf as I've seen him in the area before. I was given er on the 750 and he was keeping with me but could'nt pass. He eventually turned off. I was surprised at how close the wife was behind us and she has'nt ridden the busa that much.
She said the guy on the Repsol was really working - sliding his arse off each side of the seat like he was on the racetrack ... LOL

The Busa doesn't have to corner...simply ride casually through the corner then twist and pass anything in front of you
smile.gif

Anyway's I thought the rider did most of the cornerning not the bike.

I live in CO, plenty of mountains, I am by no means the best rider but I can hang with almost anybody on any kind of bike short of a prof rider.

Heard it before and will probably continue to hear it.... its jealousy. The Busa is the badest bike around and all know it, they just can't stand the fact their bikes don't compete in the Busa class.
tounge.gif

They sing a different song when they see it on the track. Eventhough at first it's like, this is not a track bike. I don't care what they say. I simply enjoy it.

KL9Z9050_smaller.jpg

Back