Hayabusa vs Goldwing

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, you read that title correctly!

Ok, I went out tonight to go get a cassette connector for my Ipod so I can use it in my car... and I'm driving in the fast (left) lane down the main strip of my town. Well, I get passed by a Goldwing to my right because I was getting slowed down in traffic. As the road turned into 3 lanes, I caught up quickly to him.

So, it's a 6 lane road (3 lanes each side) and he pulls to a stop at a redlight in the center lane. I pull up behind him and get beside him (but still behind). It was a long light and (yes) the guy was playing "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson on his GW stereo! I was laughing.

Circuit City was just ahead to my left, so when the light changed all I wanted to do was simply get ahead of the car to my left and make my turn to go to the store. Well... when the light turned green, this dude on his Goldwing GUNNED IT! He wanted a race! Being the kind fellow that I am... I gave him one. Since I was in no way expecting this, he took off about 10 bike lengths ahead of me. He was ahead because I just took of normally and easy. I wasn't going to be a prick and launch hard next to a slow bike. I'm not that kind of rider. But when he launched, I wasn't about to let him think he took down a Busa!!! Needless to say, his little lead didn't last long at all.... I caught right up to him and stayed even and looked over at him... then launched by him like he was standing still. When I came to the next redlight about a mile down the road I turned around.

Yeah, I saw him again... heading in the opposite direction!

This little incident just had me laughing the entire time. You wouldn't expect a guy riding a Goldwing to do something like that. Maybe it wasn't his... and was just testing the bike out. I don't know.

Of course, this is no "conquest" at all... just a funny little thing that happened tonight. But... I was seriously amazed how quickly he launched that bike! I was more amazed how nice that GW stereo sounded, though!
ices_rofl.gif

If it was the new 1800 GW, those are no slow pokes. From third gear on it really pulls. pretty good for a 799 lb. scooter. Yes, the stereo does sound good. My buddy Greg had me baby-sit his yellow wing during his honeymoon trip to hawaii. My wife & I had fun.

"I was seriously amazed how quickly he launched that bike! I was more amazed how nice that GW stereo sounded, though!"
laugh.gif

They weigh 900 pounds before they're loaded and they even come with air bags, reverse, cup holders and arm rests...

Maybe it was an 1800... it was dark and I couldn't tell. I just knew it was a GW. It was funny because I just took off slowly and wasn't even in my "rider mode" to go fast.... and all of a sudden this guy whacks it and launches off!

It's like if you're at a light next to an Altima or Camry... you're not going to gun your bike off the line because there's no reason to. You don't expect those cars to try to race... just like I didn't expect this GW rider to try to race.

At least he learned that a GW isn't going to hang with a Busa... even with a cheap shot lead!!!

From now on I'm just gonna launch the crap outta my bike when I'm at a light next to another bike.... so there will be no doubt/confusion....

And if they ask me "why were you gunning it and going so fast?" I'll just say... "what? that was normal!"...

if it had dual front lights that's one giveaway it's a 1800. Theres vid out there of two 1800's scrapin the curves good at deals gap. But good fun toying with that winger tonight.
cool.gif

I only saw his nose for a split second in my right mirror.... and can't remember any details. It was a blur.

mirrors? man I told you Pan, those things are such a wind drag! ditch'em and you'll take off like .5 nanoseconds in your 1/4 mi. times!
biggrin.gif

I dont need mirrors-I just bought the pigspotters cuz they were cheap and I was bein mod-happy...and now Im broke, so I aint happy with my mods anymore
sad.gif

ps:those new 'wings are f**kin sweet! when I go for another bike, its guna be hard to look at choppers with those wings out there with their GPS navigation, CD players, and cupholders...cant imagine reaching for can of RedBull going 85 with the wind in my hair and no doors!
SHOCKED.gif

.... nothing still beats doing 160+mph on the freeway without even "feeling" any effects... (well, unless a cop nails you... you'll feel that!)

When I move out to LA again you can bet your cheese-eating rump that I'm going to be hitting those long desert roads out west.... and then... I will take the Busa to the limit.... pinning 6th.

I can't wait. And don't be shocked if I do that in a t-shirt!!!

bowdown.gif

rant.gif

I wont bro- cuz i already did it walking off on my homies' ZX-12R with NO shirt!

Oh snap!-i jut posted that, didnt I?
now I will forever be known as "big squidiesel"
sad.gif

LOL! Well.... after seeing some of the pics of these "geezer" busa owners... I don't feel so bad if I'm considered a squidly busa owner!!!! LOL!

Actually... I just do my own thing and ride the way I want and don't care what anybody says or thinks!!! And I'm always "legal". Legal means a helmet only... so if I ride in a t-shirt and no jacket and no gloves... that's my choice and I don't care what anybody else says!!! If they wanna be a prick and go "oh, i'm not riding with you because you're not fully geared" then so be it... I'll pass them and won't think twice about what they said. But, yeah... I do own gear. I just don't always wear it!

You won't catch me riding in full gear down Sunset Blvd or down Hollywood Blvd... sorry. But yeah... I'll wear my gear if I'm cutting up the canyons or going out into the desert.

Still.... I don't care. If I'm legal, I'm legal. Life is too short to care about "too much safety!".

Crap!!! I am sorry for being the squid-talker here!!! But I'm just being honest!!!

I RIDE MY HAYABUSA ALL THE TIME IN JEANS/T-SHIRT WITH NO GLOVES..... sorry guys!!! That's me!!! And I don't expect any sympathy if I go down on my own. But if a car hits me..... that's different.

I'm a young 35... I look 22 or so!!! LOL!

Sorry...

But... in the land of the free and home of the brave (and I served my country in the army)... I earned the right to ride my busa any friggin way I want!!!!

Thanks.... lol!!!

Except that when you get hurt, my tax bux get spent on you unnecessarily and my insurance rates go up.

Thanks, bud.

If you didn't know any better, that'd be one thing but you've seen the pics and vids.

--Wag--

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 25 2006,19:12) It was a long light and (yes) the guy was playing "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson on his GW stereo! I was laughing.

But... I was seriously amazed how quickly he launched that bike! I was more amazed how nice that GW stereo sounded, though!  
ices_rofl.gif
even though you say you were laughing, and you say the stereo on th GW sounded great, i think you were really digging the fact of the Kelly Clarkson song. you were probably listening to it on your ipod on repeat!

all_coholic.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif

ices_rofl.gif

I had a GSX 750 want to play with me last week. I rolled on throttle and it looked like he was going backwards when I left him behind. I thought he backed off. Next light he came rolling up and said man that thing is amazing. I said I thought you let off for some reason. He said no way I was giving it all I had to keep up with you. We don't realize how "different" we are after awhile until something like this happens.

Thanks for protecting the BUSA's image and not letting that wing think he could pull a BUSA.

I will still feel sorry for ya if you go down without gear, but you do know better. Life is short, but no need to make it short and miserable with unnecessary road rash.

Ride on, Bro and keep her right side up.

laugh.gif
That guy on the GW went through all the emotions between two lights.

Excited at the laucsh, happy he beat you, worried when he heard you open it up, dissapointed as you crushed him.

Thats fantastic!!!  
super.gif

Back