Hayabusa track bike

Stunning pan, truly stunning! From the bike to the track photo's to the time involved, and to post it all for us!

I'm cleaning up the drool now.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys... :beerchug:

There are plenty out there that have just criticised me every step of the way! (mostly Kawasaki riders though, so we don't pay attention to them! :lol:)

I am certainly not an A-grade racer. I enjoy my track days (I'm not racing) and have been riding my stock Busa on the track for about 6 years. How fast the bike goes seems to ultimately come down to rider skill, though I rarely get passed on the straight on this bike, even with my B-grade skills!

I've had guys on Speed Triples and RC8's tell me their bike has a better power to weight ratio, therefore "should" fly past me on the straight, but each time we've gone out on teh track together I've managed to accelerate AWAY, and past them... You all know what the Busa is like. I don't need to convince you!

Some 1000cc bikes really do hold their own on the straight, and though I may start to get close, there are plenty I haven't been able to pass (the straight here in Sydney - Eastern Creek track, is about 800m and we exit the last turn doing around 80-100km/h, hitting the brakes at around 260km/h)

The weight loss (especially the BST wheels) have made the acceleration better and the braking much better too. My main focus is on suspension set-up and corner speed, so not too fussed about the straights, believe it or not!

What I really love is:

1) the raw acceleration out of corners (when I get good traction!) that the Busa provides
2) that most people want to compare their bike to a Busa and usually chat to me about "one aspect" of their bike that's better (eg: mine's got a shorter wheelbase, it's not as heavy, it has a turbo and makes more horsepower, it has ABS, it has nicer stickers, bla bla bla :whistle:)

I just love the Busa because on the road, and on the track (now), it ticks all the boxes for me :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks for that explanation....I didn't even ask about that point in longer corners where you are gently feathering the throttle wondering how much more adhesion you have. That's where your wonderful weight loss has to put your Busa in a class of its own (amongst Busas and larger bikes) in terms of corner speed. Like you mentioned, at that point, it'll be all about suspension, tires and your commitment to exploring your limits! Good luck to you and have fun! Doyle

Lost another 650 gms... the carbon fender is 400gms less than the plastic, and a mate managed to grind off another 250gms...

moreweightlossNov2011.jpg

Bike (according to my calculations) is now 194.8kgs with a full tank... or probably under 190kgs with less fuel!!

Did another track day at Eastern Creek in Sydney (2 consecutive days actually). Used both the track bike and the road bike.
More pics coming soon...

2Busas.jpg

Busa.jpg

sexybeast.jpg

Time to get a nice corner carving shot and update that signature pic with the new and improved....:laugh:

Looking good my friend.....:thumbsup:

Time to get a nice corner carving shot and update that signature pic with the new and improved....:laugh:

Looking good my friend.....:thumbsup:

I did ask the photographer to get shots of me going around corners...

...and he said he tried, but I was too quick! :rofl:

I did ask the photographer to get shots of me going around corners...

...and he said he tried, but I was too quick! :rofl:

:rofl:...

I guess you just have to set a GoPro up in the corner and just take a still from it....

Thats too funny tho :laugh:

Here we go...

I started riding my road bike. It had not been on the track, so I thought I'd give it a run for 2 sessions...
050312jpm_0293.jpg

050312jpm_0313.jpg

050312jpm_0329.jpg

Then I got on track with the track Busa and fresh tyres (you can still see the yellow ink line in some shots)

050312jpm_0708.jpg

050312jpm_0733.jpg

050312jpm_0949.jpg

060312jpm_0407.jpg

060312jpm_0376.jpg

060312jpm_0375.jpg

050312jpm_1350.jpg

050312jpm_1072.jpg

050312jpm_0964.jpg

060312jpm_0720.jpg

060312jpm_0845.jpg

060312jpm_0882.jpg

060312jpm_1118.jpg

060312jpm_1119.jpg

Looks Good Pan! I love seeing the Busa on the Track! You have some great pics on facebook as well!

Hi. Put some stickers on the track bike fairings...

DSC_00253.jpg

DSC_002311.jpg

DSC_00244.jpg

DSC_002212.jpg

What do you think? Is that:

(a) too much
(b) enough
(c) not enough
(d) I want to see a "shopping list down the side"

(B) Enough

Looks like the perfect amount as it is. Could tell you better if it was on the bike. But the red looks awesome on that CF......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats atleast 5 HP per sticker and 10 HP for the big kanji....:laugh:

Great work...:thumbsup:

Back